Naked Green Machine

[Vi...]

Hi all.

I am nearing the end of my taper and have been hit pretty hard and don't have the energy to make my own smoothies. I even have a juicer and just cleaning the juicer is too much for me right now. Smoothies and juice from the juicer benefitted me greatly when I had the ability to make my own. I live by myself.

I've been looking around for a commercial brand/product that gives me lots of greens and found a product by Naked called Green Machine.

Just Google "Naked Green Machine" for the naked website and this product.

Here are the ingredients:

Apple Juice, Mango Puree, Pineapple Juice, Banana Puree, Kiwi Puree, Spirulina, Natural Flavors, Alfalfa, Broccoli, Spinach, Barley Grass, Wheatgrass, Parsley, Ginger Root, Kale, Odorless Garlic.Contains wheat from wheatgrass.

This all looks awesome. The product has no added sugars, but it does have 52 grams of "natural" sugar (more or less depending on the bottle size, of course).

Does anyone here know if all of this natural sugar can/will rev up our symptoms? I used to drink banana/strawberry/blueberry/coconut water smoothies and homemade juice made from kale, spinach, celery, etc.

I used to have to sip my smoothies and juices over a period of a couple of hours because they were so potent. Thoughts on how "natural" sugar effects you?

Thanks!

I don't know much about this subject but to me, sugar is sugar.  Natural just means sugar is in the food used to make the juice, the trouble is, the juicing removes the most beneficial part of the food, the ingredient that helps the natural sugar be less harmful to the body, fiber.  If sugar doesn't bother your symptoms and if you're not worried about raising your blood sugar then I'm sure the commercial juices are as good as what you can make.  By the way, sugar didn't affect my symptoms.

I don't know much about this subject but to me, sugar is sugar.  Natural just means sugar is in the food used to make the juice, the trouble is, the juicing removes the most beneficial part of the food, the ingredient that helps the natural sugar be less harmful to the body, fiber.  If sugar doesn't bother your symptoms and if you're not worried about raising your blood sugar then I'm sure the commercial juices are as good as what you can make.  By the way, sugar didn't affect my symptoms.

Excellent, Pamster! Thank you. Yes, I seemed to do OK with homemade fruit smoothies and homemade cold-pressed green veggie juice. I did have to sip them slowly, often taking 2-3 hours to finish one. They really packed a punch, but seemed easy to digest. I have a LOT of nausea and no appetite. I'm going to try sipping one of the Green Machine drinks. I haven't had any specific incidents where I felt sugar made me feel poorly, but I have tried to buy consumer products with as little sugar as possible! 52 mgs seems like a lot of sugar. We shall see...

Thanks again for the helpful info. I didn't realize that juicers filtered out any of the good stuff, though I guess it makes sense because there is always a lot of shredded leftover stuff when I finish juicing (solid material).