My daily green energy smoothie

[Pe...]

Hey everyone!

I’ve been trying to get in a bunch of nutrients in my body, since the first 4 months I really struggled and wasn’t taking care of myself. I was extremely depressed and couldn’t get myself to eat anything really. About a month ago I started making green smoothies every morning. This is an easy way for me to get in calories and much needed nutrients! Here’s the recipe if any of you are interested  :smitten:

-half of a honey crisp apple

-1 banana

-half avocado

-big Handful of spinach

-tsp of coconut oil

-hemp hearts

-water

it’s really yummy! sometimes I’ll add in ginger as well.

:D :D I can’t start my day without it. enjoy  :)

Great to hear that you are working on your diet. Im a big believer in that a good diet will help us heal. Alt the best mate  :)

Thank you so much LemonSoda! :) I have definitely noticed a difference in energy levels for sure. I am really starting to incorporate healthy foods into my diet now. Take care!

Ive lost around 40 pounds of fat since doing a low carb diet. I went from xxl in shirt size to xl. Im about 215 pounds now and if I manage to lose the last bit of bellyfat im going to hit 195 pounds in bodyweight. I have a weekly cheat day, where I eat a larger amount of carbs. Remember to treat yourself once in awhile :)

That’s so wonderful! It’s awesome to hear that you’ve been taking care of yourself during tough times. Good thing it won’t last forever :) and yes to cheat days! I have those once a week… sometimes twice haha!

That’s so wonderful! It’s awesome to hear that you’ve been taking care of yourself during tough times. Good thing it won’t last forever :) and yes to cheat days! I have those once a week… sometimes twice haha!

I like ice cream on my cheat days. May i ask what you are having on a typical cheat day? :)

Yes Rebecca29! Maybe try it sometime, let me know what you think :).

LemonSoda, I love ice cream! Vanilla with sprinkles is my fav lol cheat meals/cheat days  for me consist of burgers and fries, pretzels, chips and dip, ice cream, popsicles, etc. stuff like that that I would enjoy before this benzo stuff. Not all at once, and I don’t eat just those foods in the day! I will also include my smoothies etc to balance it out haha!  I’ve always been into fitness and health, so very familiar with cheat days etc! I of course try not to deprive myself, sometimes I will enjoy these foods even during the week etc but won’t over do it :). I am finding eating healthy whole foods make me feel better anyway, and is better for all of us in the long run. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That a really nice recipe. Looking forward to trying that . Since I am on a banana diet https://betterme.world/articles/benefits-of-3-day-banana-diet/ i have a perfect recipe that you can try:

Ingredients:

- 1 banana

- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk

- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt

- 1 tsp honey (optional)

- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

- 1 cup ice

Instructions:

1. Peel the banana and cut it into small pieces.

2. Add all the ingredients into a blender.

3. Blend until smooth.

4. If the smoothie is too thick, add more almond milk or water to thin it out.

5. Pour the smoothie into a glass and enjoy!

This smoothie is low in calories and high in protein, thanks to the Greek yogurt. It's also a great source of potassium and fiber from the banana. Let me know if you have any other questions!

• 1 month later...
Thanks for sharing this recipe! ;D:). I will of course try it, but I'm very curious how my stomach will react to it haha. Fortunately, I Buy Motilium Medication from food poisoning, which happens to me very often. My body usually reacts strangely to smoothies and seafood, but I react to fast food

Odetta008,

Thanks so much for sharing that recipe with me it sounds delicious! I’ll definitely try it sometime:)

You’re welcome dori! It’s so yummy. I’ve been trying a new recipe where i do banana, avo, apple, spinach, kiwi and hemp hearts! I’m now adding a scoop of clean unflavoured protein :) with water. Tastes soooo delicious!