Diazepam 5mg x2 daily taper

[Cr...]

Been on 5mg of diazepam twice a day for around a year for anxiety, I have eupd and complex ptsd , any advice on what would be best to taper off and does cbd or anything help ?

CBD helps some people, but can cause others distress so you’ll have to experiment to see if it helps you.  That’s the way it is with medications and supplements, we never know how we’re going to be effected because our central nervous system is so sensitive.

Is your doctor on board with you tapering off the medication?  Have you been experiencing symptoms of dependence or tolerance?  Just trying to figure out how slow you’ll need to do this.

My doctor isn’t on board a don’t want to tell them I’m still taking them , just feeling really anxious if a don’t take one really bad , usually been taking 1 morning and 1 night but today I lasted till about lunch time and took 1 going to try stay at 1 a day now see how that goes

Please don’t make a 50% reduction to your dose, that’s too much and it’s important to be on a set schedule.  Your body expects the drug at certain times of the day so please continue to take your doses, lets just reduce one of them a bit, okay?

Keeping your blood serum levels constant will hopefully keep you from having whiplash of symptoms, remember, the purpose of a taper is to rid yourself of the drug while hopefully living your life.  It doesn’t pay to get off this drug quickly, that just makes us hurt more and doesn’t aid in our recovery which can take as long or longer than the taper.