6-18 month typical healing time, but when did you feel that life was more tolera

[te...]

Hello, I know a lot of people wait a long time to post that they are COMPLETELY healed, but what about just partially healed, or enough to live life again with a few remaining symptoms that are just slightly annoying?  Or enough to not be counting your days away?

I am currently desparately trying to pass each day, living for tomorrow.  In my taper, I did eventually reach a point where I was able to think about it a little less.  Now, after acute and a covid setback, I can't think about anything except for ending each day.

When did you start to feel like you could just go through life and pass time faster?

I'm sorry to hear about the bad days, though it is awesome that you are improving like that.  What percentage of healing do you feel you have generally reached?

Thanks for this post. I am at 4.5 months and feel like you do. It’s a terrible feeling. A friend asked me today, “What relaxation or diversion skills have you been taught?” People don’t understand unless they’ve been through this. I wanted to laugh. I know all the right things to do, but I’m too weak and sick most of the time to do them. I haven’t had a window yet.

I'm sorry to hear that, Rebecca. :/ Do you have small windows of more tolerable moments? Or nights that feel easier or anything?

And yeah, I know . . . I'm envious of a mind normal enough to be appeased by those relaxation tactics.  Though I will say that there can be a very small amount of ease from some of those things, depending on what they are.

I wouldnt say a percent right now. Last week I would have said 80 but these last 3 days have been difficult. Wen I get these days i get that feeling of never getting better but it always passes. 

I experienced relief in symptoms at the 27 month mark. I didn't heal completely. I still have many symptoms. But at least after 27 months of hell, I can go out with friends, drive a car and sleep at night.

You didn't feel any improvements until 27 months?  And did you cold turkey?

You are right. I did not improvements any relief until 27 months.

And my last dose of benzo was 0.5mg. I mean, yes, it was cold turkey.

well you might not like my answer but

after baby doses of diazepam for 2 years it took me about 13 months just to feel like I was out of the woods and I was definitely gonna get through this,

but still had nast waves and just so you know  I had a big setback from covid at 16m and it brought back just about every symptom I really do believe that without the covid setback I would have been healed at 16m like I am now finally Healed at 18 mouths ! thank you God for your Son Jesus who brought me his Grace to  heal me !          :smitten:

Amen, Wyme!  God bless you!

And that isn't too bad of an answer, 13 is a lot better than some other answers I hear.  When you say out of the woods, do you mean it took you that long JUST to not feel tortured moment by moment, or just to feel that you were definitely on your way out?

So the covid only set you back two months?  It felt like acute?  I am still setback and really want to go back to where I was.  Hopefully will soon.

yes felt the horror that was my life start to lift at 13 when a window would open but back in hell when the wave would hit and last for about a week  but when covid hit the windows stopped and it was an acute back to square 1 hell until the covid lifted and then the healing was almost instant

hope that answers  your question

That is very good to hear honestly.  It gives me hope that my covid setback could only last two months.  Did you have some new symptoms too after getting covid?  Could you explain what the progression of it was like?  Covid actually made me worse than acute.  :/

after 6 month became more tolerable, I mean from VERY bad to tolerable, But still fighting some times in month of 16...and getting worse in Waves only....depends on consume time and dose and body. Different timing.

I got Covid on month of 5 off, beside physical symp. I had a very sad feeling for 2 months... but that passed too.... It will pass and you will Heal,....Takes tiem only , that is it :) dont worry

So relieving to hear, thank you.  I'm in the beginning of the second month after covid.  It has been devastatingly terrible.  So you had a lot of extra symptoms from covid too?