Chest vibration? Has anyone else dealt with this side effect?

[Re...]

Thank you in advance for replying. Please don't reply with triggers as I am very sensitive today.

I am 4.5 months off benzos. Doctors gave me 125mg generic Seroquel for sleep in a top 5 hospital. I wish I had never taken this medication and why they gave it to me well...we all know the answer to that question. These doctors have no idea what they are doing when it comes to benzo withdrawal. 

Anyway, I found a benzo-wise doc who is helping me taper the Seroquel. I tapered down to 34.5 mg with some side effects like increased anxiety and insomnia. Nothing major, just super uncomfortable. It resolved. Doctor is compounding doses and I am now tapering 1-2 percent to go suppppperrrr slow and be as "safe" as possible.

Made a cut four days ago and thought it was uneventful. But now I have a disturbing side effect that I think is related to the cut. Last night I was awakened at 4 am from sleep with my chest vibrating. Felt like a window AC was in it, and I heard a couple of auditory hallucinations. I am already healing from tons of uncomfortable benzo symptoms, so getting this is like getting hit by a baseball bat at the back of the knees again. The vibrating has not subsided yet. I do not see a plus staying on an antipsychotic for more than the four months I have been on it because then what...

Told my PCP about it (not the doc leading the taper) and PCP wants me to get an EKG. I had an EKG in January, and my heart was fine. I hesitate to spend any more time or money on a test that will likely come back normal. My friend asked me if I think I have MS or Parkinson's. If I didn't know from this forum that benzo and psych med withdrawal can mimic those illnesses, I might think so...

Has anyone else dealt with this side effect? I must say it is top of the list disturbing.

Hi Rebecca29,

I have felt this as well, not just in my chest, but also in my head, legs, and arms. It is very uncomfortable. I started experiencing the vibrations about three months ago. I went to a neurologist and he thought it was related to my Valium withdrawal from March 2022. Finally after three months the vibrations started to subside. All of a sudden last week I felt about 80% better. The instances have been less lengthy and less frequent.

I know that "just hang in there" is frustrating advice, but that's what I did and now this super weird feeling is getting much better.

I believe this will pass for you as well, just tolerate it the best you can. I found that the more active I was, the more I was able to ignore this symptom. My doctor gave me an anti-tremor medication called Benztropine (not a bento despite the really suggestive name) which has helped. I've also engaged in a little self-talk by telling myself that the vibrations were just my brain healing itself which is probably true.

I hope you feel better soon.