Why hasn't a US class action lawsuit come out of this forum?

[Re...]

Just curious if anyone knows why members of this forum haven't brought a class action lawsuit in the US against prescribers, detox centers, health authorities/pharma, etc. to try to recover damages for benzodiazepine-induced harm.
  • Like 1

Is that a thing?

PicklePickle is right. If you make it out of this stage of life it really hurts to pick at that scab again. For me I came back here after being gone a few months. I havent been dwelling on this subject much because I wanted to get as much normalcy going again. Last night was first time spending time going through the site and in the last 24 hours Ive been kinda miserable just digging up the darkness of last 12 months.

Not regretting the past nor wishing to shut the door on it is hard to do at first.

it took first responders 25 years to get support for damages for 911. Big pharma is much bigger than them. Very acceptable loss. I dont have the numbers but opposition would be matched with drug success stories.

Just curious if anyone knows why members of this forum haven't brought a class action lawsuit in the US against prescribers, detox centers, health authorities/pharma, etc. to try to recover damages for benzodiazepine-induced harm.

At this point in human history, there are no tests to prove that we are suffering from benzo-induced neurological dysfunction (BIND).

Yes, there are tests that can show we are suffering from the EFFECTS of BIND (e g., my sleep arcitecture is damaged because of BIND, which causes me to have dangerously high levels of C-reactive protein), but these tests won't show that our GABA-A receptors are downregulated and/or glutametrgic receptors are upregulated...

Much of the science is there and well documented in that regard. Also the amount of people damaged by these medications is plenty proof enough. Its only a matter of time. Oxycontin is an example of one that took many years to be addressed. The people harmed by these meds will def eventually have their day in court or a nice settlement. regardless of what others say it will eventually come to pass. the fact they cannot study these things on that level to prove or disprove is grounds for negligence in itself. its not about being able to prove that it is damaging them with the very high amount of testimonials in itself is enough evidence. Its that they cannot prove it DOESNT just like they cannot prove that it DOES. thats where it will hurt them in court in the long run. the only reason it hasnt happened yet is the FDA and govt are getting very large kick backs from big pharma eventually the chickens will come to roost. they use witness testimonials in Murder cases and get convictions everyday. saying that they cannot PROVE the scienece behind it is a stalemate at best. the peoples testimonials which are thousands is evidence enough and will hold up in court once the FDA stops taking money under the table or gets caught red handed.