Ladies - could progesterone err0rs be causing my horrible mornings?

[jo...]

I was on 12mg, cutting very sensibly.

You're supposed to take the micronised progesterone I am prescribed, last thing at night on an EMPTY stomach, the thing is, I don't going to bed hungry, it keeps me awake, besides, my gut takes ages to empty, I can still taste food in there over 4 hours after eating, so, I take my progesterone in the late afternoon, or early evening, because I know my stomach is empty.

The thing is, because I have to wait an hour, before I eat, and because, I often eat too soon in err0r, getting the time wrong, could the progesterone be upping my benzo tolerance and causing diarrhoea on a morning, and making me wake up with anxiety rushes that mess up my mood and give me a bad attitude all afternoon, only to improve on a night.

I feel like chucking my progesterone in the bin, but I am scared to as it is addictive and I fear I will go into a seizure, I am done with it. I increased my valium from 12mg to 15mg, to get rid of the diarrhoea and it did for one day, then it came back, so I increased my valium to 16mg.

I have been cutting really slowly, so the symptoms are not caused by cutting benz too quickly, I am not prepared to go higher than 16mg, in fact, I want to start a daily liquid titration - soon, I want off benzos, I want off progesterone.

What is making me worse on a morning?

I do think progesterone plays a role in your symptoms. It's cross-tolerant with benzos so not the best to take it. It would require a slow taper too I guess.

I do think progesterone plays a role in your symptoms. It's cross-tolerant with benzos so not the best to take it. It would require a slow taper too I guess.

Part of me just wants to come off it, but I think it's too risky.

I was surprised to start getting GI symptoms a year ago, when I was 16mg and only cutting 1mg weeks apart.

It's taking a while for me to stabilise, but I think I am getting there.

It's really restrictive, take only on an empty stomach, as it is more bioavailable if taken with food.

The thing is I wait hours, and take it, then I burp and can taste my last meal.

It's a right pain, and I am having trouble getting hold of it from the chemist, as the UK have this daft thing where HRT of all kinds is in short supply.

I dunno why they don't just make more, it'll mean more money for them, instead some women are really suffering, and I read that our age group scored the highest for suicides in 2021 cos of lack of hrt.

Hello, please someone reply to this.

Supplies of progesterone in the UK are patchy.

I cannot take a different form of progesterone.

If supplies run out, I fear being forced to stop could incapacitate me or even kill me.

Please someone respond!!!

Thanks

Maybe you could try to start tapering the progesterone now you still have some then? I don't know what to do either, I'm sorry.

I did think of this, but 1) I don't have enough capsules to taper, and 2) As progesterone acts like a benzo, it would be like making big cuts.

Thanks for your suggestion though.

I was hoping to hear from ladies who had reduced progesterone after a benzo taper or cold turkey, as my friend from the USA was tapering it, after coming off benzos, and the progesterone taper stopped her from messaging me, we lost touch, nothing against her, she was really ill.