My reason for joining

[jp...]

First of all, I actually heard of this group years ago, watching Facebook videos but I’ve decided to join now because I am currently 38 years old. I’ve been prescribed Xanax pretty much every single one of those years since college I have been prescribed clonazepam and Valium at certain periods as well. I am currently on doing my taper. I’m at 2.5mg/day(15mg clorazepate at night). I’m interested in helping however I can and I would like to learn how to go about getting temporary disability benefits for this taper period. Now that BIND is recognized and I have proof I was not given informed consent this seems very basic but I also want to help others who may need this to get it. When suffering it can be difficult to do anything even ask for help. Not everyone has money or family support. Thank you for your time and I hope you accept me

Hello jpdunkle1984 - welcome to BenzoBuddies-

The information you find here along with the mutual support environment can make a world of difference as you navigate your own taper off clorazepate.  We appreciate that you want to offer support to others going through benzo tapering and withdrawal. 

How is your taper going?  Please let us know how we can be helpful to you.

As you explore the site feel free to ask questions and reach out for help.  Here are a few links to help you get started:

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Success Stories

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Chapter 3 Ashton manual, list of symptoms

Add your history/signature

Welcome!

Brighterday  :)

First of all, I actually heard of this group years ago, watching Facebook videos but I’ve decided to join now because I am currently 38 years old. I’ve been prescribed Xanax pretty much every single one of those years since college I have been prescribed clonazepam and Valium at certain periods as well. I am currently on doing my taper. I’m at 2.5mg/day(15mg clorazepate at night). I’m interested in helping however I can and I would like to learn how to go about getting temporary disability benefits for this taper period. Now that BIND is recognized and I have proof I was not given informed consent this seems very basic but I also want to help others who may need this to get it. When suffering it can be difficult to do anything even ask for help. Not everyone has money or family support. Thank you for your time and I hope you accept me

Hi, Can you say more about BIND being "recognized," please? I would love more information about this as I was thinking about disability today. Following this thread.

Hello, someone can correct me if I’m wrong but BIND is not medically recognized. It is a term used in the benzo community coined by the Benzo Alliance for Best Practices . If I were to mention BIND to any of my doctors they would have no clue what I am talking about, they would likely never sign off on it and the department of labor wouldn’t either… unfortunately…

Hello, someone can correct me if I’m wrong but BIND is not medically recognized. It is a term used in the benzo community coined by the Benzo Alliance for Best Practices . If I were to mention BIND to any of my doctors they would have no clue what I am talking about, they would likely never sign off on it and the department of labor wouldn’t either… unfortunately…

You are correct.  BIND is not an officially recognized medical term.  The term was proposed by a research team in 2022.  My understanding is the team included representatives from multiple organizations including the Alliance for Benzodiazepine Best Practices, the Benzodiazepine Information Coalition, and the Colorado Consortium’s Benzodiazepine Action Work Group.