Guidance on dosage

[Te...]

Guidance. I have always used Clonazapham on an add needed basis. I’ve since learned through benzo buddies I need a base line.  I think it may be 1 mg a day.  For the last 5 days I’ve taken .5 at bedtime then .5 early morning. I feel somewhat anxious all day but continue to stay the course.  Any suggestions?

It sounds like you’re stable, we define this as not feeling great but able to take care of daily tasks and symptoms have somewhat leveled out.  Do you feel like you’re ready to begin your taper? 

Can you provide some guidance on my current situation? I had acute pain (not related in anyway to Clonazapham) yesterday and was sent to the ER with severe back pain. I was stabilized and will be seeing an orthopedist  when I can get an appointment. The ER doctor gave me lortab and tizidain (sp) a muscle relaxer for pain. Needless to say I didn’t need and Clonazapham. These scrips knocked me out. I’m in pain today but trying to wait it out because I’m terrified of medication.  Would you suggest taking pain meds and muscle relaxers and the benzo? I’ve made an appointment with a psychiatrist, per my PCP but that isn’t until late February. 

Was the ER doctor aware of your Clonazepam use, if so then you can probably take the medications as prescribed.  It’s not a good idea to cease your Clonazepam dose, you’re going to need it to remain stable.  If you’re concerned about mixing these medications, I’d check this drug interactions here: https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html

If you’re still concerned about interactions, I’d take less of the pain and muscle relaxers and your normal dose of Clonazepam but I’m not a doctor so please consult with a medical professional when in doubt.

Thank you. I did not mention my Clonazapham use to the ER doctor.  Today the pain is bearable so I have not taken any pain medication or muscle relaxers.  I will take the Clonazapham since I’m still adjusting constantly to find my stable done.  I had wishful thinking that because I was benzo symptom free that my anxiety wouldn’t start back up but I’m certain it will. I never knew how such a little pill could reek havoc on someone who otherwise is so healthy.

I’m glad to hear the pain is less today and I hope you can find a dose that works for you.  Take your time though because it’s important to start your taper from a place of stability and with preparations made for the right mindset and informing your loved ones about what this is going to entail.

As for the anxiety, when we become dependent on, tolerant to or are withdrawing from benzo’s they begin to create our anxiety.  I took benzo’s for sleep but I learned about anxiety because of my use of them and from what I’ve read here, its worse than normal anxiety so many members say that once they recover from their use, their normal anxiety is totally manageable.