Newly Married to a Husband on Clonazepam

[Mi...]

I joined this site to learn more about the effects of this medication. My new husband has been on this medication since he was 15 and some of the side effects of the medication I have read about, seem to align with some of his issues that he thinks the medicine helps with. I wanted to be able to see other peoples stories in order to assess if this medication is doing more harm than good.

Hi MichiMon

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I think it's wise of you to do some research into benzo's and its side effects, in order to effectively support your husband. Most of us here have come to realize these meds do more harm than good especially long term. As you probably know it will ultimately have to be your husband's decision whether or not to taper off, as benzo withdrawal is a very tough journey. However, being knowledgeable about these types of drugs is a very important first step. You might be interested in having a look at The Ashton Manual. It contains information on benzo's, tapering and withdrawal.

Please look around the forum and ask questions. We will be more than happy to help you!