My reasoning for wanting to join this community

[Th...]

I have been prescribed benzos for ten years. My first 8 years I was on Xanax, 2mg+3x daily but the last two years I've been switched to Klonopin, 2mg-4x daily. I had to make the switch because alprazolam was ruining my life, it was too easy to blackout and I always cause trouble when I was blacked out. The Klonopin seems to be helping much more and I found this community which I think can further help me in my journey. Thanks for considering letting me join.

Hello  TheRealMadara :hug:  Welcome to BenzoBuddies! 

We are glad you joined the community. Will you be considering tapering off your Klonopin any time soon?  I will leave you some information, for when you are ready to taper.  The rule of thumb is to reduce between 5/10% every 10/14 days, many slow it down, best to taper at a rate you feel comfortable with.  You'll find a great community of people here who will support and encourage you. Feel free to check out the forum and to post to any of the dedicated boards, 

I suggest you check out the Ashton Manual, you will find It is a valuable resource for learning about benzos and the effect these drugs have on our body.  As well as withdrawal information, it lists  possible withdrawal symptoms symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

You might like to post here:

Klonopin Klub 

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita