Seeking support and community during protracted withdrawal

[De...]

I never thought I’d become dependent on a drug, let alone a drug I was taking exactly as prescribed by my doctor. But here we are.

I’m currently exactly six weeks free of benzodiazepines after taking clonazepam for 3.5 years (despite tapering over a month as recommended by my doctor). I’m experiencing severe anxiety, insomnia, difficulty focusing, and various other symptoms, but I’m working through it one day at a time. Things seem to be very slowly trending in the right direction, but I’m still having good and bad days (many bad).

I’m here for support and advice, but mostly just so I can stop feeling like I’m alone in fighting this monster.

Hello DesertBloom4625 :hug:  Welcome to Benzobuddies

I'm glad you found us, you’ve joined a very supportive community.  It doesn’t take long for the body to become dependent on benzodiazepines. Looks like you did quite a fast taper, I’m glad symptoms are getting better.  You will find lots of information and get plenty of encouragement here that will  help you  through this.  The symptoms are very unpleasant but it does get better with time.  Please check out the forum and post questions for members to respond

Check out The Ashton Manual,  It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body, It also has a list of common symptoms 

Here are a few helpful links

The Ashton Manual

Post withdrawal recovery support.   

If you care to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita