For dry taper-considering getting a more precise scale--any advice?

[BW...]

Hi all,

I'm tapering off of Lorazepam (I'm on approx. .9mg dosage, down from 1.50mg dosage--I need to update my profile).  I'm doing a dry cut and hold taper, cutting 5% of previous dose every 2 weeks.  I have a Gem20 scale that doesn't seem to be sensitive enough as I make smaller cuts.  Weighing the entire dose for the day instead of just the dose I'm cutting helps a little (I take it in 4 doses/day), but I'm afraid as I get lower it won't be as accurate.  It's already bouncing around a lot.  I'm hesitant to switch to liquid as I'm usually pretty sensitive to meds.  I'm considering spending about $100 on what seems to be a more precise scale. 

Any advice on a getting a more precise scale, or suggestions on continuing the dry cutting and making sure it's accurate?

Thanks in advance,

BWarrior

Hi BWarrior-

You may find some helpful ideas on this page, Benzo Dry Taper Math?  https://benzodrytapermath.com.  It was put together by one of our members Bob7.  He talks about using a "filler" when weighing the lower doses - this might be an idea worth considering for you.

Brighterday

If you really want a more precise and reliable scale, you're looking at spending over $1000, which, if it helps that much, it might be worth it, as it was in my case.

I hope hereforhelp will correct me if I’m wrong, but according to his signature, he is using this scale:

Sartorius BCE64-1S

That is correct, Libertas. Thanks for helping out. I'm sorry I missed these replies. If you want to PM me, I'll be happy to provide more about where I got it.