Gabapentin success stories

[Bo...]

Would like to pass along to a friend who said she can’t find any GAbapentin success stories and she’s feeling so hopeless in her taper of it. Anyone point me in right direction of some? Thank you so much!!

Gabapentin was used to taper me off of Ativan. I was then taken off of it and did not have any side effects I was aware of. I hope this helps your friend feel like she is not alone.

Would like to pass along to a friend who said she can’t find any GAbapentin success stories and she’s feeling so hopeless in her taper of it. Anyone point me in right direction of some? Thank you so much!!

I can share my success story with tapering off high dose pregabalin, after a cold turkey quit that went wrong.

Pregabalin is related to gabapentin, it's just stronger.

I tried CT from 600mg pregabalin, and got WD, so I decided to do a daily liquid cut, and I had absolutely no withdrawal symptoms.

I dissolved the capsule in water, and as it has a 6hr half life, I dosed 4 times a day.

Using a tiny marked syringe, I cut more and more by a tiny amount each day.

I soon got used to the routine of making my doses, and making a note of the cuts and new doses.

This was a few years ago now.

Gabapentin is soluble in water, so, if you like, you could tell your friend to get some jars and syringes and if you like the sound of this I am happy to answer any more questions.

Tha ks y’all!! Congrats on a successful journey off and hoping things are improving overall after this experience!

She’s down to 100mg from 1400mg, after 2 1/2yr taper after being put on in detox for CT klonopin. She made some too large cuts a few months back from accidental brain fog and has been spiraling ever since. She’s going to attempt the water method but just is having horrific akathisia and so she can’t get a foothold to start slow watee taper.

She’s read some horror stories on other threads and thinks that if she’s in this acute type stage at 100mg she will never get better (based on the terrible situations some others are in on another forum). Thank you for the feedback!!  Haven’t been on GP so I wanted to see if I could find any success here to pass on. I will let her know y’all are doing much better!!

All the best and thanks again for chiming in!!

Tha ks y’all!! Congrats on a successful journey off and hoping things are improving overall after this experience!

She’s down to 100mg from 1400mg, after 2 1/2yr taper after being put on in detox for CT klonopin. She made some too large cuts a few months back from accidental brain fog and has been spiraling ever since. She’s going to attempt the water method but just is having horrific akathisia and so she can’t get a foothold to start slow watee taper.

She’s read some horror stories on other threads and thinks that if she’s in this acute type stage at 100mg she will never get better (based on the terrible situations some others are in on another forum). Thank you for the feedback!!  Haven’t been on GP so I wanted to see if I could find any success here to pass on. I will let her know y’all are doing much better!!

All the best and thanks again for chiming in!!

Hello, when I realised I was hooked on 600mg pregabalin, (a huge gabapentin equivalent) I panicked, as I read horror stories on other forums about getting off these drugs.

I freaked myself out.

It was a mistake for me to cold turkey, but I immediately put myself on the slow water method, and got absolutely no symptoms, so, all that worry for nothing, about fearing I may end up suffering like the people I read about on other sites.

Would she consider increasing her dose again in stages, to get stable?

That is what I would do.

I am not a medic, I have just tapered off a few drugs.

Congratulations!  I tapered off 1600 mags gabapentin over 8 months...way to go for both of us.  And yes, I did it before tapering mybenzo, which I still am doing.

Congratulations!  I tapered off 1600 mags gabapentin over 8 months...way to go for both of us.  And yes, I did it before tapering mybenzo, which I still am doing.

I hope your benzo taper is going well.

I'm also dry cutting diazepam...it's a hard road.  Currently at 17.5mg from 40mg.  Thanks for the well wishes.

17.5mg from 40mg is good.

Sorry it's a hard road.

I'm giving up dry cutting, I'm on 12, gonna start liquefying and daily titrating my dose, as you slide off.

I haven't got WD symptoms, I intend to "slide-off".

Would you be willing to share how to prepare the liquid and how much you are going to reduce by each day?

How long were you on a benzo and how many mg of diazepam did you start out taking?

Would you be willing to share how to prepare the liquid and how much you are going to reduce by each day?

How long were you on a benzo and how many mg of diazepam did you start out taking?

I started at 75mg in 2016, I could have tapered quicker than this and been ok, in hindsight.

1ml vodka dissolves 1mg valium

5ml vodka dissolves 5mg valium

45ml water + 5ml valium = 50ml of valium-vodka water

Dissolve 1 x 5mg pill in 5ml vodka in jar

Add 45ml water

This gives 50ml vodka-valium water

How long will 50ml of vodka+valium+water keep in a jar in a cool dry place?

Not sure how long vodka-valium water lasts though, so, you could use a 2mg pill and adjust the maths.

I hope that helps.

Stopped taking Gaba about 12 months off Benzos and it felt like I was chewing on glass. Bearable but only a few weeks, back to post withdraws from Benzos. Long haul protracted for me.

I was taking 900mg tapered to 100mg every other night then just stopped.

For me it was easier than I thought. Nothing comes close to Benzos and Ive been locked in a hospital before, that doesn't come close. She can do it.