Taper plan

[Sh...]

My dr was shut down suddenly and I have been on 20 mg of diazepam for almost 5 yrs. I have very little time and meds left to taper. I've been to 3 drs none will help. I'm hoping someone can give me taper advice. I'm sick and very scared! Yall got me thru the xanax taper now I gotta get thru the V part! **Update** have found psych to prescribe and have a plan now. 1mg every 1-2 weeks for taper

Have you tried Naturopathic Dr.s? Not for thier herbs but i mean alot of times they understand benzo withdrawl way better than most Dr.s and are willing to help you taper. Last two times i went to NDs and both times they agreed to take me on for the taper.

Also, how many pills you have left.

Maybe try Nurse Practitioner. I did and she was very accommodating.

Like spitfire, I wonder . . . how many pills do you have left?

I'm not sure if they could help you as prescribing benzos is so iffy, but I consulted Teledoc for a script I needed when my PCP didn't want to prescribe it. What a weenie. It was nothing like a benzo, but Teledoc said sure. I think in your case as you DO have a current script but are just having bad luck, maybe they would be helpful. Google Teledoc for an 800 number.

Also, don't you have a regular/family doc? A PCP? Can't you ask her/him?

Best,

Katz

I've been on 20mg V for 5,years now after xanax taper thru Ashton Method. Dr shut down and I only have very few 5mg pills and 2mg pills. I know this is not ideal but it's the only choice I have. I've been to 3 physicians none of which will help me. Can someone please offer me a taper plan? I can't jump off CT

I am beginning a V taper from 20mg although I jumped myself from 20mg to 17mg in a week. I didn't know better. I'm wanting advice on my taper plan and symptoms etc. I'm trying to add a signature but I can't figure it out. I need support as I'm all alone and scared.Any help greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Hi,

These are the steps to add your signature:

1) At the top of the home page is a menu selection of Profile.  Click on that.

2)  From the top-down menu you'll see Forum Profile.  Click on that.

3)  You will then be on a page which has Signature at the bottom left.  To the right of that, you can add your signature text.

4)  When done adding your signature text, click on Change Profile at bottom right to save your signature.

The recommended taper rate is 5 - 10% of the current daily dosage for a period of about 2 weeks.  Your reduction was 15% which was pretty close to the recommended rate.  A drop from 20 mg to 19 mg would have been a 5% reduction because 5% of 20 is 1 mg (.05 X 20 mg).  A drop from 20 to 18 would have been a 10% reduction because 10% of 20 is 2 mg (.10 X 20 mg).

Hopefully I've answered your questions.  Good luck.