Should a therapist talk to you by phone outside of business hours?

[dr...]

What do you think? I used to have one who felt it was part of his job and kind of part of the fee being paid.  But my current one is not available. He's a psychoanalyst btw. I'm wondering how this varies with different providers or whether there is an industry standard or expectation. Maybe if he wasn't an analyst he would be more open.

I think it depends on what you need. If you need this, then find a provider who can support you in this way. I would not settle unless you really have no other options.

It's so hard to find anyone even competent these days. I got worn out looking. I'll have to settle for now anyway. It's better than someone who's available but not a good therapist.

No they don’t have to be available outside of their work hours, if that’s how they run their practice.

At my job, I’m not available to the public outside of working hours (I am to my boss) but not public etc.

Keep the good therapist and keep your questions and issues for them for your next visit.

Also, there are some benzo coaches that are available at off time hours that maybe able to help you etc.

My 2 cents.

Winnie