gabapentin

[Sc...]

I am going through a tough Restoril withdrawal and wanted to ask if anyone has used gabapentin to help with withdrawals?  If so does it help?  Would I be getting myself into another problem?

Temazpam/Restoril 30mg 10 years

occasional use 2022 while on other Rx's for back injury

20 days ago I started to take the Restoril full on again to get through the narcotic withdrawal not thinking it would cause me a problem with only a few weeks of consistent use.  Geez was I wrong!  It has been hellish and I need something to ease it up.  Would Gabapentin be a good option or a bad one?

Stopped taking other Rx's 20 days ago

Started Temazepam withdrawal 3 days ago

Thank you for responding.  I think that support group says it all.  I was hoping to ease some of this withdrawal with the neurontin but not getting into that mess.  I don't want to have to deal with that too.  Maybe I will try the hydroxyzine/Atarax intermittently.  I need a little help to get over the bumps but don't wan to be stuck in the same place I am at the moment.

I was just helping a lady in another group bc she’s been on Gabapentin after CT from K. It’s been a very hard road so you are wise to stay away from it or you can. Our systems are so fragile so from what I’ve read/learned/experienced , the less meds or stuff we can put in our system while it’s fragile the better….. even though we all want some relief!

Hugs and all the best to you!

My gagpentin withdrawal was as bad if not worse than my Xanax withdrawal. Even on wikipedia it says it causes a benzo-like withdrawal. I'd certainly beware.

I too think it was worse than benzo wdl in a way.  I only took it for a few days and it froze my brain.  When I  stopped taking it I had to up my dose of lorazepam which The opposite of what I was suppose to be doing.

beware of gabapentin.  It was hell to get off and lots of weird side effects.  It took me eight months to taper 1600mgs given to me for fibromyalgia and a substitute for opioids.  It hits the gala receptors, very closely to how  benzo does.  Run the other way!

Highly addictive in the sense a dependency forms quickly.