Back pain

[On...]

Hi all. Coming off diazepam, currently holding at 0.7mg to see if symptoms settle down.

I’m having low back pain, difficult to be specific because it is an uncomfortable ache right across my low back, feels tight perhaps. I have done a quick search and note that diazepam is a muscle relaxant so reducing mean I’m likely to have the reverse I.e muscle tension. My question is: is this common amongst the community and if so what steps do people take to relieve the discomfort please?

Than you

Onnit,

It appears that muscle and joint pain is very common when coming off benzos.  Muscle pain has been my number 1 physical symptom by far. 

Unfortunately it could last for quite some time.  I am now coming up on 27 months of valium and am still having some very significant back/right side and buttock muscle pain. It does come and go in waves and windows but not over by any means.  What seems to help me is gentle swimming and hot tubs.  Walking can also help but can also be very painful.

Hoping we all get some relief very soon.

I had a lower back spasm coming off of Ativan. For three days, I walked 3000 steps per day, and did Cat Cow rolls and it went away. I was in bed and think that didn't help. I have heard other members say they had this symptom as well.

Thank you both, that’s very reassuring. Thanks for the tips, I’ll give them ago. Thank you for taking the time to answer, appreciate it.

• 3 months later...

I started to have back pain two weeks ago and my appointment with the doctor isn't for another two.

Should i just take painkillers?

I started to have back pain two weeks ago and my appointment with the doctor isn't for another two.

Should i just take painkillers?

If the pain is unbearable and bothers your sleep, I think it is better to take painkillers. But be careful. Check the description (I usually use the Canadian pharmacy site for this purpose as it offers all the needed data including doses, side effects, and cautions) and don't take bigger doses than is recommended.