Back to drawing board

[sp...]

So i was tapering off the .5 xanax for a week by cutting 2 .25s pills into 8 pieces every night and taking one piece out. So had no issues. Problem is im getting interdose withdrawls more and more now from the xanax. Same dam thing happened 10 years ago at exactly the same month (month 4), i just start to get so much anxiety around 5pm its crazy. I then wind up taking more xanax to get rid of it. I looked in my journal from 10 years ago and yep same thing. Thats when i cut over to V because well i had to...was going nuts from interdose withdrawls.

So here i am again, last time i did not have a cross over... and it looks like i had issues. This time my doc only gave me 3 days to cross over (take 5MG valium and .25 pill for 3 nights, then switch to all 10MG valium every night)

Well im not so stoked about that, but its all shes giving me, says theres no need for anymore than that and doesnt even believe in the switch over but will do it because shes hearing so many people "talking" about it lately as she rolled her eyes.

So there ya go. Im starting my big 3 day cross over tonight. Oh and she prescribed me Seroquel in case i have problems sleeping during this transition. Anyone know anything about Seroquel?

Are your only dosing once a day?  We’re you successful in your taper from Valium 10 years ago?

You might want to do a search on the forum about Seroquel, many have difficulty tapering off of it once they’re recovered. 

I was prescribed Seroquel; the withdrawal has been brutal, and it will take me months to get off of a small amount of it. I wish I had just taken nothing and avoided polypharmacy. Just research it before you take it.

I took serequol last night and I woke up feeling like I'd drank 10 gallons of vodka. That stuff is vile!! Yes I fell right to sleep but I'd rather stay up all night. It's been 15 hours since I took it and just now feeling human again! Good lord that was worst sleep aid I've ever tried. Pam yes my plan was just to take it once a day, at night 10mg of Valium. That's what I did a decade ago. I never split up doses. I didn't need to I felt good if I could get sleep.

I agree you may not need to dose more than once a day with the Valium, but a 3 day crossover sounds uncomfortable, let us know how it goes.

I agree you may not need to dose more than once a day with the Valium, but a 3 day crossover sounds uncomfortable, let us know how it goes.

I can make the cross over last all week, i do have enough squirreled away xanax to do that. I just realized that, i dont have to cut it off after 3 days just cause thats what she said to do. HOnestly though i want off the xanax as quick as possible, daily its causing me all kinds of grief. And i kinda want that xtra 5MG of valium kick to help me fall to sleep at night.