One Year Anniversary

[Gu...]

I wanted to touch base and thank all the wonderful folks here who helped me during my two year taper from clonazepam- today is my first year anniversary of being benzo free!

I was very lucky in that I had very few side effects from the withdrawal, even though I was on 2 mg. for over ten years! I do not regret tapering slowly, even without side effects- the whole process taught me so much about being patient, about mindfulness, and humility.  I'm particularly grateful to have found the milk taper by "crazycanuck" online, because I think any other kind of taper would have driven me crazy.

I wish everyone the very best on their journeys; I am living proof that not all tapers are difficult!

Congratulations on your one-year anniversary of being benzo free, GumbyGirl!  Thank you so much for sharing your good news with us.  In case others are interested in learning more about the ‘milk taper’ you used, I’ve included a link below.

Milk Demo

It’s wonderful to hear your taper was fairly mild and congratulations on your one year milestone!  We need to hear from members like you because tapers don’t always have to be a nightmare, each of our experiences is different and I’m glad yours was manageable.

I hear you about humility, I’ve always been able to talk, charm, joke or finagle my way out of tough situations but not this one, it put me in my place and I’m humbled and grateful I was able to make it through the toughest challenge of my life.

Congratulations GumbyGirl!  How wonderful that your slow, careful taper was relatively symptom free. What an inspiration!  It's so important for others to see your story.  Thanks so much for sharing it here!  When you're ready, looking forward to reading your Success Story!!