BUSPAR TAPERING

[Fr...]

Hello BB!

Currently 45 days out from my Xanax jump. I have been taking Buspar 2.5mg 3x daily since I started a very rapid taper over the course of 10 days.

I am wondering if I should now start to taper off of the Buspar. I do not have to but would like to be 100% medication free. So far the Buspar seems to help me but I realize it is a low dose compared to what some take.

Asking for feedback from those who have used this medication and successfully tapered off. I am extremely nervous to have the same withdrawal experience as I did with Xanax. Also, did tapering Buspar cause your previous withdrawal symptoms to worsen or return?

Thanks!

Hi,

I was on it very short term.  I found it to be sedating but it also caused extreme ear ringing so I stopped it after 5 days.  Probably not a comparison to taking it longer term but I "think" it wasn't necessary to taper it?  As with anything if you are on it for a while you may want to gradually reduce it but I don't think it will be anywhere near the same experience as benzos. 

• 3 weeks later...

I used it for 5 months while I was tapering. If it did something for me I didn't noticed it. Regular doctors say is not habit forming and can be stopped CT. I wouldn't recommend CT it. I tapered it for about three/four weeks taking it every other day then every two days until done. No adverse effects noticed.

Mice 

Thank you Mice!

How did you feel on it? And how are you doing now? I have been on it for a little over 2 months so my entire 10 day taper, withdrawal, and now at 61 days out, still on it.

Thanks!

Buspar is considered in general a very mild anxiolytic. It works on the Serotonin receptors and dopamine. As I said it didn't make a big impact as how I felt. I was well in withdrawal so if it had done something I would have noticed it. My daughter also took it and gave her headaches.

Something very important:It's well known that if you use benzos before taking Buspar it won't do any effect on you. This is quite known here in benzo buddies..But! we are all different. It seems its working for you!

I noticed you quit Xanax very fast. I guess you know it may bring side effects. If Buspar helps you but you want to be meds free I would do a very long taper of it to make sure it doesn't affect you and at the same time it'll help in your healing process. You probably have to do the taper playing with the doses thru the time.

Don't get desperate, withdrawal is normal after taking this meds and take sometime for the body to go back to normal.

Hope it helps!

Mice