7 months!

[ur...]

Hi!

I jumped May 2022 after taking 0,5 - 1mg Xanax and (lower dose) prescription opiates daily for a little over a year. I did a fast taper for the first month and jumped after that.

I felt absolutely terrible for the most time and was rendered pretty much unable to do anything: anhedonia, depression, exercise intolerance, fatigue, terrible anxiety.

While progress has been subtle but progressive, I did not feel noticeably better until beginning of this week.

I am able to drink coffee when just a sip would have sent me into a terrible panic attack just a couple weeks ago. I am able to workout although I am keeping it mostly to cardio as weight lifting still revs me up.

I think it's incredible that things can get better in a matter of days seemingly out of nowhere. I understand that this could be simply a window, but it feels different than the windows I had before.

Weight gain and benzo belly is still an issue and I am planning to do a fast next week.

• 2 months later...

Short update at 9,5 months off. I was in a wave recently which confirms that me feeling better at 7 months was merely a windows.

Today, I feel much better again and I believe there is one thing I can give credit: Keto Diet (Low Carb).

Some of my most severe symptoms were caused by reactive hypoglycemia I believe. After eating a high carb meal, I would feel sluggish and my extremities would feel very cold!

Keto - > Falling asleep earlier and no more sugar crashes.