Flavonoid (Diosmin) and Clonazepam (Benzo) interaction?

[W2...]

Hi, does anybody have experience about Flavonoid (Diosmin) and Clonazepam (Benzo) interaction or any clear proof?

For vein trauma I need to take 3x1000mg Flavonoid (Diosmin) since Tuesday for 4 days, then 2x500mg for 17 days, but it seems it has serious effect on my usually very stable clonazepam tapering (0,46mg at night atm).

Thank you for all replies in advance!

Per the official FDA drug label for clonazepam:

“Cytochrome P-450 including CYP3A may play an important role in clonazepam reduction and oxidation.”

Per the Interactions tab on the web page linked below:

Medications changed by the liver (Cytochrome P450 3A4 (CYP3A4) substrates) interacts with DIOSMIN

Some medications are changed and broken down by the liver. Diosmin may decrease how quickly the liver breaks down some medications. Taking diosmin along with some medications may increase the effects and side effects of these medications. Before taking diosmin, talk to your health care provider if you are taking any medications that are changed by the liver.

Link:

DIOSMIN: Overview, Uses, Side Effects, Precautions, Interactions, Dosing and Reviews

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1030/diosmin

Thank you so much!

The medicine description, interaction database of my country, most of interaction pages didn't say any possible interaction.

I assume I just stop taking Diosmin, and see how much it messed with my tapering, and adjust the dosage, if needed.

You are welcome.  If you are not already planning to do so, I encourage you to talk to your doctor before making any changes.

Was at another doctor who agreed to stop Diozmin ASAP, he didn't know about the benzo interaction either.

The interaction and stopping Diozmin made hard sympthomes for some hours yesterday and ~7 hours today. Headache, high blood pressure, red eyes, balance problems, light hallucinations, sensitivity to sound and light, memory problems, bad coordination, etc.

Luckily I'm around ok for many hours by now. I assume the sympthomes may return in the 4-5 days, like a bad withdrawal attempt, or nothing will happen.

Overall I can say that Diozmin (took for 7 days) interaction is worse for me than Levofloxacin (took for 3 days) was a year ago. Why professionals don't know these interaction...

At Friday I felt crazy badly, withdrawal like, had to increase my nightly clonazepam from 0,46mg to 0,49.

Seems it's stabilizing me for 2 days.

Seems webmd's diosmin vs. clonazepam interaction is absolutely correct.

While I was taking diosmin I felt very high on clonazepam.

After stopping diosmin I felt crazy bad clonazepam withdrawal, which can be eased by increasing the clonazepam dosage.

I rarely increase due to cautious taper plan, but now had to.

Hope others will learn from my mistake (and two doctors').

Thank you for the update, W2BFree.  I’m glad you are stabilizing.

Your experience serves as a reminder to us all about the importance of checking for interactions among and between the medications and supplements we take.