Long Covid and PWS

[...]

So I like to frequent the boards set up for people suffering from long covid and I have noticed that their symptoms line up exactly with ours. Chemical anxiety, insomnia, muscle tremors, heart palpitations, brain fog, etc. It makes me think that maybe covid attacks the same part of the brain that benzo's do. Also makes me think if they come up with a treatment for long covid it may also work for benzo paws. This was just a thought I was having.
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got sick the day after Christmas and thought it was just a cold/flu, but I'm starting to wonder if it was Covid because I've seen people mention this issue a few times. I don't  use my Benzo often, I last filled it in Aug 2022. But I suppose I would say I've used it more over the holidays than the rest of the year. I never had issues with my Clonazepam (that I've noticed) and on the 2nd of Jan I suddenly couldn't breath well, was super anxious, panicky, disoriented,  couldn't sleep,  was still recovering from cold symptoms and felt super weird. I thought I was having a bad reaction to this medicinal mushroom supplement but when I hear people describe symptoms from long Covid, it sounds like that. I went to Urgent Care the next day, they ran an EKG and said it was fine.  Tried to give me beta blockers & gave me meds for nausea. They never tested me for Covid,  and I'm still having days, that hit me out of nowhere, and hit rock bottom again. Other days seem fine. I haven't touched my Conazepam since the 16th (last week) because I thought it was coming from that. 

I'll have to check the boards for other stories, I'm new here, so I haven't had the chance to look through yet.  Thanks for the thought that sparked your post. Down the rabbit hole I go.😊

• 3 weeks later...
Agreed, they seem connected to each other. I guess the damage to the CNS is similar. It also could explain why covid can give people setbacks and so on.

• 3 months later...
Early on in covid there was a correlation with patients on ssri's having less severe covid symptoms....which is very odd

• 2 months later...

ALL my problems started 2 weeks after a single high dose of valium.  2 weeks after that dose I got covid.

I still have no idea what happened to me.  

• 3 weeks later...