Xanax to Valium Plan

[La...]

I’m thinking I might like to try to cross over to V before starting to taper. I’ve been looking for a good crossover plan but don’t seem to be able to come up with a simple plan. I am seeing my pcp next week. But she wants to know nothing. She just put me back on my X at 1.5 mg per day. I’ve been taking .25 mg 4 times a day for about 2 months and have some wds but not too awful. I’m thinking of asking her for a 1.0 mg X per day and 10 mg of V in 2 mg tablets. I’m terrified that I might fall apart just in direct crossover. Don’t want to mess with the pcp and cause her too much consternation about how best to go forward. It would probably mean the second month RX would be .5 mg X and 20 mg V. That would sustain me until I was able to convert totally to 20 mg per day of only V. Anyway. I hope this makes sense to someone.  Is there a table plan somewhere I could follow?  Should I mess with my pcp?  Is there significant crossover symptoms I can look forward to?

Hey Lady, I am considering a crossover as well.  Talking to a doctor next week.  There is conversion table and schedule in the Ashton manual.  It is in the slow withdrawal section.  You will have to make adjustments because the lowest dose she shows is 4mg per day.  This is based on a crossover and it will take several weeks.  We also have to realize we may not be able to tolerate the schedule she has laid out  I’m not an expert by any means.  Going through a learning curve myself and honestly I’m a little scared. But personally il not sure I can maintain a direct taper from X.  Hopefully someone who has better knowledge than me will weigh in.  🙏🏻🙏🏻 for you in this process..

LadyLiberty no expert here, but did cross over from 1.5mg Xanax XR to Valium.  I did it slowly.

I started by taking 1mg Xanax XR in the morning and did a direct switch to 10mg Valium in the evening. 

Then held the 10mg of Valium for 2 weeks for my body to get used to it.

Then tapered the 10mg of Valium every 2 weeks or so (based on symptoms) in the evening until I got to around 3mg. 

Then I begin this schedule:

.5mg Xanax XR and 6.2mg Valium Morning and 6.2mg Valium evening and tapered from there. 

Then I completely got rid of the Xanax and did this:

16mg Valium morning and 6mg Valium evening.  I tapered until the morning dose was even with the evening dose and then just switched to evening only. 

There has been a lot of changing, experimenting and figuring out what works.  You will find this if you decided to cross over.  Everyone is different and it's so hard to tell what will work. You just have to listen to your body.  Mine is currently mad at me because I just tapered and got the flu the same day!  I am in the valley right now, but know it won't be forever. 

Hugs to you!  Don't go by my plan, it's just an example of what I did.  Ashton has a great cross over schedule, you may just need to go a bit slower.  I did also do ashton when I got to 10mg Valium.  I am now following her plan, but going a bit slower.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently doing the x to v ashton schedule taper and her sample schedule cut amounts are too big for me.  I was on 2 mg x(xanax) for 20years maybe more.  I'm now down to 17.5mg V (valium) from her 40 mg crossover.  It has not been easy, and it's almost been 8 months to get to where I am now. 

Everyone's nervous system is different as to how fast they can taper and how they will react to valium. 

Hi widesky,

I have been using liquid since July.  I use the commercially manufactured liquid Valium that my Doctors orders to the pharmacy.