3 years Benzo free and living well

[...]

Yesterday, Christmas Day, was my 3 year celebration of being Benzo free. I entertained 13 family members for dinner, baked all day on Christmas Eve, attended the candlelight service at my church on Christmas Eve, attended 4 Christmas parties this month, had my small group book study at my house and shopped and wrapped many gifts to put under my beautifully decorated tree. I could not even leave the house this time last year.

My faith, support of family and friends, doctors and counselors and Benzo Buddies have helped me survive this journey, and what a journey it has been. I would not be the better the person I am today without the challenges and victories of this journey.I wouldn’t change anything!

I don’t consider myself completely healed. I still have lingering physical and psychological symptoms that come and go that I can live with. I’m not quite ready to write my success story, but soon.

Wishing everyone continued healing.

Sandy🥰

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ssndy,

This is so good to hear. I just saw this. Congratulations I hope things keep improving.  I'm 32 months and 2 weeks out and so hoping for some relief. Big hugs to you!

LiveLife

Hi Rebecca,

I’m doing well. I still get symptoms, but they are tolerable and I’m totally functional. I see little improvements almost daily. I just have to look back to see how far I have come. Healing is different for each of us, but we do heal!

Wishing you the best.

Sandy🥰

sjs,

So happy to hear this update! Our timelines are pretty much identical (I was 3 years December 2nd) and I would say I'm at the exact same stage as you now - completely functional and I'm living a really great life but I do still have some physical and psychological symptoms. They are also improving and I would say January was my best month so far yet.

Thanks for sharing your experience and where you are at, its nice to know there are others along the same timeline as me, feeling the same way!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Rebecca,

I’m doing well. I still get symptoms, but they are tolerable and I’m totally functional. I see little improvements almost daily. I just have to look back to see how far I have come. Healing is different for each of us, but we do heal!

Wishing you the best.

Sandy🥰

Sandy,

How did you get through the worst of times? I relate to your signature very much.