is it better to spread doses out over a day?

[jo...]

I've been thinking about a taper plan for low dose / low duration use clonazepam. Up to this point I've only ever taken it at night before bed in an attempt to help insomnia (by far my biggest issue right now). It worked well for awhile but doesn't see to be quite as effective now that I've gone back on it after experiencing (what I think) are withdrawal symptoms after going cold turkey for 4 days.

I read somewhere that taking partial doses morning/night or morning/noon/night may help the drug be more effective overall - which is certainly what I want if I begin a taper. However I also don't want to sacrifice any benefits I may be getting by taking the entire dose at night for the insomnia.

Have folks seen big differences in splitting up their dose over the course of a day as opposed to once a day - particularly when it comes to insomnia?

Thanks!

Splitting your dose will most likely result in increased insomnia but as you get lower in dose, this symptom will crop up anyway, its a common problem around here.

Many members on short acting drugs like Xanax and Ativan will split their doses sometimes taking them 3-4-5-6 times a day to prevent interdose withdrawal, this is when the drug begins to wear off and you need another dose.  https://www.benzoinfo.com/interdose-withdrawal/

Even though Clonazepam is longer acting, most members will take it at least twice a day.  You'll probably need to experiment a little bit, this is what tapering is all about, finding what works for you.