Last Dose

[lo...]

This morning was my last dose! I was already having a bit of withdrawal from my previous cut, but felt better before my mid day dose. So I just decided that was it. I'm off from work for three days, and possibly working from home Monday due to snow. I'm hoping to ride out whatever happens at home, and feel up to returning to work next week.

Thanks to everyone for all of the support over the past year or so. I will keep you all posted, and plan on doing a very detailed write up of my journey once I balance out from the jump.๐Ÿ‘

Congratulations on your benzo freedom, I hope it goes smoothly and thank you for being willing to document how it goes, you know how scary the jump can be for some.ย 

48 hours since my final dose, and no withdrawal. My biggest concern was much worse reaction than I had during the taper, but obviously that was unfounded.๐Ÿ˜€

It would usually start with withdrawal after a day. That would last two days or so, before rebound anxiety would kick in. Sometimes that anxiety would last for 3 or 4 days.

I'm currently (as I type this) having somewhat bad anxiety. As annoying as it is, I'm oddly happy it showed up. Having know symptom, kept me on the edge of my seat, waiting for them to show up.

I'm sure this will come and go over time.

When you were tapering, when would you typically feel symptoms hit?

It looks like your symptoms are showing up on time and like you say, they're known to you, nothing you haven't felt before as nasty as they are.ย  I think our fear gets the best of us when we jump, maybeย  we've read too many horror stories but I don't think they're the norm, for most, its just more of the same.ย  That's not to say it's easy, its not and even in recovery you'll have the waxing and waning of symptoms but that's nothing new either.

HA, it's funny...I posted my response to you, and this morning I started thinking about it. I realized I had addressed my own concern in my response.๐Ÿ˜œ

The most bizarre thing I have noticed about this entire journey, is how time seems to get distorted. It ALWAYS feels like you current situation has been dragging on for weeks, or even months. In reality, it's usually only days.

As "off" as I am currently feeling, I have been much worse in the past. ๐Ÿ˜€

It looks like your symptoms are showing up on time and like you say, they're known to you, nothing you haven't felt before as nasty as they are.ย  I think our fear gets the best of us when we jump, maybeย  we've read too many horror stories but I don't think they're the norm, for most, its just more of the same.ย  That's not to say it's easy, its not and even in recovery you'll have the waxing and waning of symptoms but that's nothing new either.

This is exactly why we should keep a record of our symptoms, even after the taper has ended.ย  When I quit cold turkey, I didn't record my symptoms or their severity so as a result, the negative direction of my thoughts had me thinking I wasn't recovering when I was so I'd suggest writing stuff down.

I actually have the Benzo tapering and withdrawal journals by Jennifer Austin Leigh. My wife was helping me fill them out every night (she was my rock throughout this entire ordeal) and it was good to go back and read the progress since my first attempt over a year ago. The problem is, it became "rinse and repeat". The only thing that was different was the dose, which was helpful to track. I really should have started again last week, but we did pick up this morning. I highly recommend these two journals. You will need both, and possibly multiples for lone taper and recovery.

ร—
ร—