Relatively quick taper from SSRI?

[fu...]

I am considering quitting my Luvox (100mg) before my benzos because it limits me to use supplements and stuff that would help my benzo taper such as Relora, lithium orotate and Inositol.

I wonder if 25mg cuts once per month would be too aggressive or if it's a walk in the park compared to benzos.

Please, don't address me to SA, I don't like that place, the format of the threads and the orthodoxy in there. I rather listen to your experiences on this.

I am currently holding 8.58mg of diazepam. Sorry for the outdated signature.

Hi fullofdetermination-

In my opinion it would be wiser to taper with cuts of no more than 10% every two weeks.  I wouldn't go any faster than that.  Please don't underestimate the potential for a too fast taper off SSRIs to trigger very difficult withdrawal symptoms.  You may be one of the lucky ones who sails through but I don't think it's worth taking the risk. 

Another consideration: Do you feel Luvox is helping you?  If it is, I wonder if it's worth the gamble of quitting it on the chance that the supplements you mention will be helpful with your taper off diazepam.  There's a lot of mixed experiences with supplements.  They help some people and for others they can complicate withdrawal. 

Brighterday

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply. I found some energy today to update my signature and I saw this thread.

I think Luvox is helping me but the dosage is sub-optimal. There is a considerable chance I would need higher doses of it to deal with my OCD, but every time I tried to updose 25mg of it I got tinnitus spiked that only ceased when I returned to the previous dose.

I need a good OCD treatment besides ERP as fast as possible.