Finally Benzo Free

[cl...]

I didn't think I would ever get to this point. I have been clear of benzos now for a week after years.  I am having side effects but hope the worst is past me.  I am feeling a little down but I did it.  :)

Amazing! So proud of you and right behind you; seems our timeline from .5mg down is similar so that gives me hope. I have a good amount of physical symptoms so I'm scared to jump when the time comes soon. Great, GREAT job!!!  :smitten::thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Amazing! So proud of you and right behind you; seems our timeline from .5mg down is similar so that gives me hope. I have a good amount of physical symptoms so I'm scared to jump when the time comes soon. Great, GREAT job!!!  :smitten::thumbsup:

Thank you.  It has been tough.  I started to experience more symptoms about 2 weeks in and I am not feeling great but I am still benzo free, so it's been about a little over a month.  But I have CFS/ME so everything I experience is amplified.

Awesome job ! You should be proud of yourself

Thank you.  I am proud but I feel really beat up and worn out.  It's been a exhausting ride.

Proud of you. 26 days off Klonopin here and it's been difficult too. Hugs! <3

Great work on that!!! I know even the small amounts are tough.  I was told by countless professionals that 0.5 mg was a drop in the sea and wouldn't do much.  That isn't true I definitely can feel the change in my nervous system.  Hopefully everything will settle down for us both.

Thank you.  I am proud but I feel really beat up and worn out.  It's been a exhausting ride.

Congratulations for your journey and for winning the battle.

You are an inspiration. How did you cut the dose once you get to 1mg? How did you manage to have precisely 0.85mg of the medication. I have a pill cutter but after cutting the 1mg to 0.5 and then 0.25, I feel its more complicated to be precise. Can you tell me how you did? Thank you in advance.

I didn't think I would ever get to this point. I have been clear of benzos now for a week after years.  I am having side effects but hope the worst is past me.  I am feeling a little down but I did it.  :)

Hi, first of all congratulations for your journey and your success.

I would like to know how you manage to cut precisely after 1mg. Like you I am tapering lorazepam and the pills come in 2.5 or 1mg. I can cut it in 2x0.5mg after that it becomes less precise. Thank you in advance for any advice or tips.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations for your journey and for winning the battle.

You are an inspiration. How did you cut the dose once you get to 1mg? How did you manage to have precisely 0.85mg of the medication. I have a pill cutter but after cutting the 1mg to 0.5 and then 0.25, I feel its more complicated to be precise. Can you tell me how you did? Thank you in advance.

Thanks Clinda, it was a tough journey. I used a razor blade to cut the 1mg into 4 pieces.  For cutting down to 0.85mg, I would take 3 of the 0.25 mg pieces and cut the remaining in half so it was roughly 0.125mg.  So taking those 3 x 0.25mg plus the half at 0.125mg you get close to 0.85mg.  If you want to get really precise you can get a milligram scale.  Weigh the pill and multiply by the fraction of the dose wanted to the dose of the pill.  For example for the 2.5mg pill to get say 0.85mg you would do (0.85/2.5) X the weight of the pill. For the 1mg just multiply the weight of the pill by the dose you are taking.  So for 0.85mg , just multiply the weight of the 1mg tab by 0.85. You can use a razor to carve little pieces off until what is left is the dosage you want.  You can also crush the pill in a mortar and pestle and use said mg scale to weight out the powder to take.  You can lose some medication in that process, so you have to be very careful with it.  I think some individuals also try to dissolve the tablets in a fluid so they can dose them more conveniently.  But the pills never seemed all that water soluble so it's not something I really used.  I hope that helps a bit and wasn't too confusing.