Dosage Question

[Se...]

Hi All,

I know everyone’s WD is different and at different paces, but considering the amount of time I’ve been on K and the low dosage I’ve managed to hold through the years, do you think I should switch to liquid or get a scale?  I’m getting nervous and I just don’t know how I’m going to do this. I want to get off of this drug so badly and I know patience and time will get me there, but I don’t know how I’m going to do it. I know, one day at a time. I cut my 1mg tablet with a pill cutter but sometimes it crumbles. I’m realizing I’m probably not getting the same dose each night. Should I get a scale?

For now I’m going to hold at .5 but as I said before, I’m not sure I’m getting the right dosage. Perhaps calling Dr. pill pusher for .5 tablets is in order?

What do you all suggest and thank you <3

Serene

The method you use is completely up to you. If you decide to shave it you will need a scale. It will definitely be easier with 0.5mg pills. If you think you'll be more comfortable with liquid then the best option would be to get it compounded by a pharmacist.

I don't know how many pills you currently have but maybe you can experiment with shaving and weighing while you're holding? You can buy a jewelers scale on Amazon.

I've tried both methods so please feel free to ask more questions. I know it's really overwhelming when you start this journey.

Hi Jelly,

Thank you for your suggestions. With regard to liquid compound, is it something I can request at the pharmacy or does the dr need to prescribe it? I think I read somewhere it needs to be prescribed. I saw a video on titrating. It looks scary but everything looks scary right now. I’m feeling the scale is probably the least scary and the easiest for me and my lifestyle.  I do not want to start taking doses throughout the day but rather keep it at bedtime if I’m able.

Any suggestion on a particular scale? The video I watched last night had this gentleman using two scales for accuracy.

Thank you for you help :)

For a liquid compound you need your doctor to prescribe. If you want to see how you go with the shaving then you'll need a metal nail file too. The most important thing to know is you need a lot of patience and a bit of time. This is not something you can rush in 5min. You need to get it accurate so it can take between 20-30min to get it right and you need to file gently. So you shave, weigh, shave, weigh, until you're at the right weight. I don't think it's necessary to use two scales. If it gives you more peace of mind then sure but personally I don't think you need two.

This is the scale I used https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Weigh-Precision-Milligram-Calibration/dp/B011J88S8M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541012152&sr=8-1&keywords=Smart+Weigh+Premium+High+Precision+Digital+Milligram+Scale+with+Case%2C+Tweezers%2C+Calibration+Weights+and+Three+Weighing+Pans%2C+50+x+0.001g

Unless you're having interdose withdrawal there's no need to dose multiple times a day. I only dosed at night throughout my entire taper. The less doses you have the easier it is. But if you have interdose withdrawal you need to dose more to manage your symptoms.

You'll see once you start this and settled into a routine it becomes normal and less stressful. You won't always feel overwhelmed.  :smitten: