clonazapam taper from 0.125MG

[Be...]

I have been tapering Clonazapam. 

I do not feel symptoms beyond my fear of having withdrawal symptoms.   

This fear of having withdrawal symptoms from tapering is manageable for me.    I use insight meditation 2X per day. 

Can I now plan to jump off from 0.06125MG (1X per night)?   

What is the best way to get off 0.125MG of clonazapam by dry direct taper.    I can cut the pill to 0.0625MG.    Should I do that?  Or can I just stop?

I have been on Clonazapam nightly for 20 years for sleep.      I am thrilled to be down to only .0625MG of Clonazapam at bedtime.    My instinct is to stay at .0625MG (1X at bedtime) through the holiday.    I will give it 10 days at 0.625MG and then go to 0.05MG if I have no symptoms.      I feel very proud of myself. 

I have been on Clonazapam nightly for 20 years for sleep.      I am looking to withdraw from clonazapam without triggering insomnia and I am down to .0625 MG of Clonazapam 1X nightly at bedtime.    Is best plan to stay at .0625MG (1X at bedtime) for 10 days and then taper again?  To 0.0315MG?    What is the lowest effective dose I can take before jumping off?

Looking for guidance about how to plan to get off clonazapam completely by direct dry taper.      I am at 0.0625 MG 1X/night for sleep.    I take the meltable tablet and it has been easy to cut down to 0.0625.    I do not want to re-trigger insomnia.    I failed at the jump in 2019 and had to reinstate for duration of pandemic.      Is by year-end 2022 a realistic time frame to plan to jump off by dry taper.  I am not feeling symptoms other than my fear of symptoms!

Looking to jump or taper off off 0.0625MG meltable clonazapam by direct dry taper.    I do not want to RE-trigger insomnia which is why I have taken this med for 20+ years.    So far so good.  Look forward to recommended next steps to jump off?

Hi,

I wouldn't just stop, because .125 mg is too high.  Maybe consider tapering (by shaving) something like .115, .105, .09, .08, .07, till you reach .025, which is the Ashton-recommended "jumping off" dose for clonazepam.  Go lower if you feel more comfortable doing that.

P.S. - I just saw another post where you state you recently reduced to .0625 mg.  I'd hold there for a while, especially in light of your coming from .125 mg.

Unfortunately, there are no guarantees regarding insomnia.  Good luck to you!

Hi BeBold,

I've merged your posts asking for taper suggestions to the Direct Taper board, its the best place to get help with tapers questions.

We have members who will taper all the way down to zero, I'm not sure its necessary but maybe it has more to do with peace of mind because as you mentioned, we can fear something and that can cause it to happen. 

Insomnia is pretty much a guarantee around here while we're withdrawing so I'm impressed you've been able to sleep thus far but if you do have some insomnia when you jump, try not to catastrophize the situation and realize your body will figure it out in time. 

Have you considered switching to a liquid to finish your taper?

We have several members who have done this.  For example, KlonopinQuitterinCO recently switched from dry cutting and weighing clonazepam Orally Disintegrating Tablets (ODTs) to using a professionally compounded clonazepam suspension.