I slept 7 hours last night! 18 months off anniversary present 🎁

[Sh...]

For those of U who know my story well u will know how massive this milestone is. I’m going to need an alarm clock again soon, I’ve been sleeping thru my usual wake up time a lot lately. Too tired to even go to gym most days. I averaged 38 hrs  sleep last week which is still not “normal” but for me it is. To wake up after 7 hours tho is truly amazing.

Thanku universe 🙏🏼

Oh lottie Thanku x it’s unbelievable. I fell asleep on the lounge last night. My husband just had a huge smile on his face when I said I had to go to bed. It’s amazing ❤️ How are u doing honey I hope your seeing some relief too xxx

Oh lottie Thanku x it’s unbelievable. I fell asleep on the lounge last night. My husband just had a huge smile on his face when I said I had to go to bed. It’s amazing ❤️ How are u doing honey I hope your seeing some relief too xxx

Not doing well. I'm really in the thick of it. Paresthesia, hyperacusis and stomach issues like burning acid. I'm right at the peak of my last taper, and I'm taking a break until after the holidays. As you can see by my sig ticker, getting down there. I'm fighting, pushing myself through, but it's so hard.  :( :'(  It's nice to just pop in here and see others recovering. I'm happy for you that you are seeing progress, and getting much needed sleep.

Yay Shayna! The 18 month off magic is working for you! Did you wake up in between? Seems like you keep improving, imagine where you might be next year this time! I amnsure your husband is so happy, hope many years of good health coming for both of you.

Did you notice a big difference between 13 and 18 months? Month 11 seemed my best but then since then its been downhill again for me, super broken and messy sleep, usually anything from 2,5 to 6 hours, lot of crappy hypnic stuff still.

An early Christmas gift for you, Shayna, and all your benzo buddies who are beyond thrilled for you!

I miss you but I am beyond thankful for your continued healing😍😍😍😍😍

Hugs,

GG

Oh to all my beautiful friends x I miss you all and Thanku for ur sweet replies x Thanku ❤️

Gg, jezza, ww, kaboba Winnie and open road x Thanku so much. It’s proof of what people say. We do heal. Going from 0-2 hrs to this is definitely magic. I’m back to my 5.5 atm but I’ll take it because that is unbelievable. I remember one week at the beginning I didn’t sleep a wink in a week. Then after my zop taper I had a 7 hr week. Geez, best for me to not think about.

It happens, believe in it x it’s real.

It’s a Christmas miracle haha 😂

Not doing well. I'm really in the thick of it. Paresthesia, hyperacusis and stomach issues like burning acid. I'm right at the peak of my last taper, and I'm taking a break until after the holidays. As you can see by my sig ticker, getting down there. I'm fighting, pushing myself through, but it's so hard.  :( :'(  It's nice to just pop in here and see others recovering. I'm happy for you that you are seeing progress, and getting much needed sleep.

Lottie I’m so sorry it’s tough for you right now. I wish I could fast forward it all for u, it’s not fair. I remember all those symptoms well. U keep on pushing, u know what’s waiting for u and it’s worth the fight. Baby steps some days but u are always moving forward. I had a dr tell me once to trust the process. When ur in the thick of it and someone tells u that u really just wanna throat punch them but looking back it is definitely a process, and if u trust what people say in that it gets better it will keep u fighting and keep ur hope alive. It does get better x ❤️

Amazing post. The smile on your husbands face did it for me. 🙏🙏🙏💕💕

Thanku honey x yeah it’s a celebration for him too. Seeing the relief in his face that I’m finally improving says it all. Now I just pray the universe grants him his freedom too x no one deserves to suffer.

❤️

Yay Shayna! The 18 month off magic is working for you! Did you wake up in between? Seems like you keep improving, imagine where you might be next year this time! I amnsure your husband is so happy, hope many years of good health coming for both of you.

Did you notice a big difference between 13 and 18 months? Month 11 seemed my best but then since then its been downhill again for me, super broken and messy sleep, usually anything from 2,5 to 6 hours, lot of crappy hypnic stuff still.

Lona it feels like a bit of magic for sure. Sometimes I wake up and go back to sleep but not often. I usually sleep in one big block. I’m still taking 2mg of melatonin and I stopped taking the 1/4 tab of unisom a month ago and was getting horrific headaches so I went back on 1/8th of a tab just to ween off properly and the headaches stopped. So I know I just have to drop that slow too. Bloody drugs.

I started having better nights mixed in to the crappy ones around 12 months, but things really accelerated around yeah probably 13 months off. I have a routine that I religiously stick to tho and I believe that is the key. I eat super clean mostly. Protein at every meal. I’m pescatarian and only eat fish and eggs so they are my protein sources. Then I wake up usually around 4. I read for a while then I go to gym or for a walk. I walk on my lunch break and go to gym or walk after work too. So work days I excercise 2 hrs minimum.

Non work days I still get up early but I do 3-4 hrs excercise. I swim laps and do weights Pilates and walks on those days. It’s crazy but I know it wears me out and it definitely helps with sleep now. It didn’t for a while but now I know I have to do it. Some days I only do 1 big walk if I’m too tired and I still sleep ok, but if I do nothing I pay for it with less sleep.

There was a long time I worried about working out that it might rev me up but I just don’t get my heart rate up past 6pm. After that time I just watch tv or read til I get drowsy around 9pm and that’s when I go to bed or read until I’m on the nod.

Have a routine now snd stick to it honey. Even on the mornings u have had an awful night don’t lie around fretting over it. Just get up and get out the door. Or if it’s too cold of whatever get out of bed and distract urself.

I think oh well it’s in the past I can’t do it over, just have to make sure I’m exhausted tonight and I know I’ll be ok coz I always am.

💪🏾

if u trust what people say in that it gets better it will keep u fighting and keep ur hope alive. It does get better x ❤️

It's been a long 2+ years, but my ticker shows how far I've come. So I fight. I've never been a quitter. I'm too  :tickedoff: to give up now.  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanku honey x wish I could get that every night but one day x

How are u doing ❤️

:hug: sorry to see you're still having some heart/eye issues, I didn't see that when I posted  :hug:

I am doing about the same, up and down, thyroid levels are apparently good but I'm still having heart palps too.  Anyway, I'll have to wait until my next round of bloods to see what's going on.... bring on February.

I hope you have a great Chrissy with your family  :hug:

I’m sorry to hear that honey x

Bloody hormones huh! I need to get some bloods too to check mine but my dr aversion gets worse daily. I’d rather just rub some dirt on it that go see those quacks.

Have u tried drinking electrolytes for ur heart? Helps mine a lot xx I’ve probably already said that and if I have I apologize. I’m a goldfish after all this 😁

Hey Shayna,

What electrolytes do you use?

I’m having an awful time over here.

Bad reaction a year ago to my booster and not recovered.

Allergic to everything, even my electrolytes etc.

I’m not doing great. 😔

Hugs

Winnie

"I’d rather just rub some dirt on it that go see those quacks"    :laugh: mate, too funny, I feel the same atm.

I'll have a look at electrolytes  :thumbsup:

Hey Shayna,

What electrolytes do you use?

I’m having an awful time over here.

Bad reaction a year ago to my booster and not recovered.

Allergic to everything, even my electrolytes etc.

I’m not doing great. 😔

Hugs

Winnie

Hi Winnie. I don't have an answer for you. I get my electrolytes through diet and the Ensure I force myself to drink (1 8 oz bottle divided into 3 servings, can't handle it all at once). I had a reaction to my booster too. Wasn't keen on getting the second booster, but my PCP convinced me as she doesn't want me dealing with COVID on top of benzo W/D. Surprisingly, this time it wasn't too bad, symptoms were up for a couple days, but now I'm back to where I was before.

So sorry that things aren't going so well for you. I'm guessing these allergies are new. Are you having any histamine issues or mast cell problems? How is your diet? Any food allergies? I wish I knew something to suggest, I feel helpless to help.  :(  Anytime I've been prescribed electrolytes, it's been the plain Pedialyte that has no flavoring or coloring. I don't know what to suggest, but can offer you a :hug:

Shayna,

I just saw this post. Congratulations! So great that you're able to sleep more now. I need to turn a corner because I've been really struggling still. Happy to see that you're doing so well. Big hugs!

LiveLife