Global Health Film Festival screens documentary As Prescribed Sunday, Dec. 4

[fo...]

Hello,

I want to share an important As Prescribed event happening this Sunday, Dec. 4. As Prescribed will screen as part of the UK-based Global Health Film Festival. The screening will be followed by a live panel discussion moderated by Peter Jarrett (retired psychiatrist and Trustee, Global Health Film Initiative and Medical Member of Mental Health Tribunal ) with panelists Geraldine Burns (benzodiazepine survivor and As Prescribed’s main participant), Dr. Anne Guy (psychotherapist and Secretariat Co-ordinator, All-Party Parliamentary Group for Prescribed Drug Dependence), and me/Holly Hardman (benzodiazepine survivor and Director/Producer As Prescribed).

We are incredibly fortunate that As Prescribed has been invited to this festival. The Global Health Film Festival is dedicated to sharing films they think can make change in the world. Gerri McHugh, GHFF Director) sees As Prescribed as a film that can and should do just that. Note that The Lancet selected As Prescribed as one of their top films to watch at this year’s festival:

"Other films examine medicine’s place in the social structures that shape lives. In Holly Hardman’s As Prescribed, we follow patients in the USA whose lives dissolved following long-term prescription of psychotropic benzodiazepines for anxiety...This year’s Global Health Film Festival overflows with well meaning story-telling, firmly centered on individuals. Go for the social heart, stay for the flashes of film-making genius.” Elizabeth Pisani, The Lancet, 11/22/2022

As Prescribed will be LIVE-STREAMED on Sunday December 4th at 1600 GMT here. Join the live festival and watch:

https://www.globalhealthfilm.org/resources/as-prescribed-2022

For VOD access:

As Prescribed will also be available to watch around the world via VOD.

https://watch.eventive.org/globalhealthfilm2022/play/63567eb556494d003020e72c

VOD watching will become available December 4th at 7:00 pm GMT,

Those who order the film on VOD will have 26 hours to start watching. 

There are two exciting documentary events this weekend. Netflix launches Take Your Pills: Xanax on Friday and Global Health Fim Festival offers two options to view As Prescribed on Sunday, December 4.

Thank you!

Holly

I watched the film last night and was very grateful to finally have the opportunity to do so. I'm in Canada, and until now, it hasn't been available to me.

A very moving and intense film. Kudos to you, Holly, and all involved. Congratulations and thanks, as well, to Geraldine Burns, who has done an enormous amount of work in trying to bring about change. Very courageous and very strong.

So glad you had a chance to see it, Lapis, and for your supportive words. Knowing that you think well of As Prescribed means a great deal. Thank you!

Hello,

I want to share an important As Prescribed event happening this Sunday, Dec. 4. As Prescribed will screen as part of the UK-based Global Health Film Festival. The screening will be followed by a live panel discussion moderated by Peter Jarrett (retired psychiatrist and Trustee, Global Health Film Initiative and Medical Member of Mental Health Tribunal ) with panelists Geraldine Burns (benzodiazepine survivor and As Prescribed’s main participant), Dr. Anne Guy (psychotherapist and Secretariat Co-ordinator, All-Party Parliamentary Group for Prescribed Drug Dependence), and me/Holly Hardman (benzodiazepine survivor and Director/Producer As Prescribed).

We are incredibly fortunate that As Prescribed has been invited to this festival. The Global Health Film Festival is dedicated to sharing films they think can make change in the world. Gerri McHugh, GHFF Director) sees As Prescribed as a film that can and should do just that. Note that The Lancet selected As Prescribed as one of their top films to watch at this year’s festival:

"Other films examine medicine’s place in the social structures that shape lives. In Holly Hardman’s As Prescribed, we follow patients in the USA whose lives dissolved following long-term prescription of psychotropic benzodiazepines for anxiety...This year’s Global Health Film Festival overflows with well meaning story-telling, firmly centered on individuals. Go for the social heart, stay for the flashes of film-making genius.” Elizabeth Pisani, The Lancet, 11/22/2022

As Prescribed will be LIVE-STREAMED on Sunday December 4th at 1600 GMT here. Join the live festival and watch:

https://www.globalhealthfilm.org/resources/as-prescribed-2022

For VOD access:

As Prescribed will also be available to watch around the world via VOD.

https://watch.eventive.org/globalhealthfilm2022/play/63567eb556494d003020e72c

VOD watching will become available December 4th at 7:00 pm GMT,

Those who order the film on VOD will have 26 hours to start watching.

There are two exciting documentary events this weekend. Netflix launches Take Your Pills: Xanax on Friday and Global Health Fim Festival offers two options to view As Prescribed on Sunday, December 4.

Thank you!

Holly

Is there somewhere to watch this now?  Thanks

So glad the words or support are getting around about As Prescribed. I'm happy to report that we will be announcing a repeat screening of the film in January. Working out details this week and hoping to announce by early next week.

Thanks!

Holly