Managing Migraine Question

[...]

I have had migraine since I was 15.  All through my withdrawal the migraines have been in remission.  Unfortunately they are back with a vengance every 3 days.

My question to anyone that has to manage migraines that they had before benzo withdrawal: what are you taking?  What works?  What do I avoid?

Currently I can tolerate triptans - I take Maxalt - but I cant take them every 3 days because I will get rebound headache.  What prevention medication can you tolerate?

[26...]
Have you tried using the caps/hats you can put in the freezer? I had unbelievable chronic migraines while on the benzos-was just horrendous. I really feel for you 🙏❤️‍🩹

Yeah i use ice when they come.  I am looking for the right drug, that I can tolerate, to prevent them.  Was thinking propranolol or nortriptyline but wonder if others tolerated them.

I know a work colleague of mine also struggled with migraines (he's not on benzo's) and he used beta blockers preventatively. He said it definitely decreased the frequency. I asked my doctor about it but apparently you have to be on a fairly high dose for it to be effective. I can't take it because my blood pressure is too low. Don't know if this info helps with the propranolol.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel so sorry about you. Did you talk to your doctor about that?

I had horrible headaches two years ago. I was a student at that time and had too much on my plate.

What I figured out at that time - I need to rest more and take a better care of myself.

That's where I found this service https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/hobby/ and made more time for the things I enjoy.

Hi Jelly. I’ve also had migraines since I was 15. I’m assuming you are eating clean? No processed foods, sugars or MSG?  I’ve been on every preventative known to man and nothing worked for me long term until I tried the new CGRP inhibitors, but I also went chronic at 37, so that’s just a challenge in itself. I’ve since stopped the infusion since they come with their own set of risks and are essentially sold with the impression that nausea is the main side effect. Prior to going chronic I did find relief from a status migrainous cycle with Topamax, which is a pretty nasty drug. I think I was on it for about 6 months at a pretty low dose - 75mg.

I can tell you more about the CGRP inhibitors if you are interested. Ubrevely and Nurtec are pretty awesome oral abortives but I only take them if I am in dire straits. I haven’t noticed an interaction with benzo withdrawal directly.  Reyvow is also new and put me into a horrible wave, but I only tried it once. Zomig nasal spray is pretty awesome for weather pressure induced migraines, for me anyway.