Netflix - November 30 - Take Your Pills: Xanax

[Ms...]

In 2020, Benzodiazepine Information Coalition announced a call to action seeking patients harmed by benzodiazepines for a documentary. Many brave patients responded with their experiences, and we passed these responses along to the producers.

We're so excited to announce that this project is complete, and "Take Your Pills: Xanax" begins airing on November 30th on Netflix!

Emmy winner Blair Foster directs this thought-provoking chapter in the "Take Your Pills" series. The film's cover image features John, a member of the benzo-harmed community.

Beyond helping find subjects and providing information about harm, we did not participate in the production. Due to Netflix's security and intellectual property policies, BIC, and the film's subjects, were not allowed a preview of the final product, so we'll all watch it together for the first time.

Please tune in and let us know on social media what you think.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81251342

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ms...]

• [Ju...]

• [Co...]

• [Pa...]

Yeah, but on the extreme side of that, you have media praising it in Hollywood...

Especially Xanax.

These pills have their place in something like Status Epilepsy...where Valium and klonopin or Ativan can save lives.

Or perhaps, a mother that  lost her daughter or son that needs a rest.

A person could even take them sporadically and be fine: a few a month.

It's just when they're prescribed for everyday use to treat some neurosis or anxiety disorder is the problem.

💗

Yeah, but on the extreme side of that, you have media praising it in Hollywood...

Especially Xanax.

These pills have their place in something like Status Epilepsy...where Valium and klonopin or Ativan can save lives.

It's just when they're prescribed for everyday use to treat some neurosis or anxiety disorder is the problem.

💗

And some ppl actually do get addicted to them; I'll admit I was addicted to them.

Not only benzos but opiods as well. SOOOoooo glad I'm done with them. It was no life.

I don't get Netflix, but let us know the film is.

Netflix do offer trials, but you can cancel at any stage (or switch price plans). So, if you like the reviews, maybe signing up for a month is an option.

Thank you for the heads-up, MsAtomicBomb.  We appreciate your/BIC’s continued efforts to raise awareness about the harms of benzodiazepine use.  I watched the trailer — it includes a clip featuring Anna Lembke, MD plus it looks like John (the individual featured in the film’s cover image) has had to resort to some serious ‘kitchen chemistry’ to taper Xanax.

Thank you for the heads-up, MsAtomicBomb.  We appreciate your/BIC’s continued efforts to raise awareness about the harms of benzodiazepine use.  I watched the trailer — it includes a clip featuring Anna Lembke, MD plus it looks like John (the individual featured in the film’s cover image) has had to resort to some serious ‘kitchen chemistry’ to taper Xanax.

Yes! He's still tapering AFAIK. I know he will do a great job representing our cause.

I don't get Netflix, but let us know the film is.

Netflix do offer trials, but you can cancel at any stage (or switch price plans). So, if you like the reviews, maybe signing up for a month is an option.

Netflix added a new tier November 1 to $6.99 with ads. I know the $6.99 doesn't have as many shows, so hopefully this one is included.

Especially Xanax.

💗

The assistant director told me there would be several views about Xanax in the film, including success stories.

I'm curious though, if benzo buddies has a policy about not giving out personal information, then how are these people able to make documentaries with their names and arrangements made, etc?

I'm curious though, if benzo buddies has a policy about not giving out personal information, then how are these people able to make documentaries with their names and arrangements made, etc?

I assume contact was made away from BB because I am unaware of an approach made to BB by the documentary makers. There are several outside organisations (two in particular), Facebook groups, and probably other avenues too where they might make contact.

Oh ok, I've never looked into other groups. I've been in my own delusional world for the last three and a half years and the only place I check in from time to time is benzo buddies.

Oh ok, I've never looked into other groups. I've been in my own delusional world for the last three and a half years and the only place I check in from time to time is benzo buddies.

Well, when it comes to independent forum support groups, there really is only BB (in English, at least). But there are other places where contact might be made.

I just finished watching the documentary, which was excellent and hopefully via it's message it will spare a lot of people from the suffering benzos often bring.

Great to see the word getting out. As someone who often can't function during my taper, I wish there was more emphasis on the intensity of symptoms and potential for long-term extreme misery. There were some mentions of just how bad things can get, but they were presented "softly", if that makes sense.

I will be sharing this with as many people as possible. The truth shall set you free.

I watched the documentary and appreciated the nod to Heather Ashton and her manual.  I wish they had spent more time on the withdrawal aspect, such as explaining the four phases and various methods of tapering. 

Overall, it was just okay.

I thought someone would tell our story!!! Might as well as been a commercial for Xanax. Should have named it take less Xanax but still take xanax. I’m fucking mad.

Totally disappointing. It was like an infomercial for Xanax. And they kept saying addiction, hardly a word about dependence and taking as prescribed.

Did you catch her name? She will be on the board in a few yrs. Music60

That’s exactly what I thought when I was watching it. Poor girl has no idea.