Strong throat clearing

[Sy...]

Has anyone done some really strong throat clearing and possibly caused injury in the throat? Back in March it felt like something was stuck in my throat and I really wanted to get it out so I did strong throat clearing plus purposely made myself vomit to try to flush it out. I had acid bubbling up to my throat the rest of the night. Ever since then my throat makes a grinding noise when I swallow and sometimes feels tight. I have a lump sensation sometimes, too. Tests have come back normal. Can this possibly be a vagus nerve injury? My GI wants to do throat and esophagus stretching and feels that would help me but there’s risks. I just wish I could get some answers. This has been very frustrating.  :-\

I've had a very similar issue for the last 2.5 years and it's only now starting to get a little better, I am a total believer it's vagus nerve injury, so I'd say meditation and vagus nerve healing techniques would probably be your best bet with this.

Thank you so much for your reply. It’s good to know that yours is starting to get a little better. How did yours start? From throat clearing? Does it make a grinding noise every time you swallow?  Some swallows are quieter and some feel like I’m swallowing small stones. I’m doing vagus nerve meditations, vagus nerve resets and listening to binaural beats. I’ve been doing so much research trying to find answers.

Yes, in the beginning I had severe cough, it got better and better as time goes on and now a cough/ throat clearing is almost gone, I just still have a little post nasal drip left. But the feeling of lump in my throat is finally gone. I'd say be careful with binaural beats, there's a couple of people on here who got setbacks from them but everything else you're doing sounds great.