Very Serious Insomnia Issue

[Du...]

I CT benzo and SSRI in late May and has felt any tiredness or sensation of sleepiness since then. My sleepiness hasn't return and my brain keeps singing while i try to sleep and upon waking up, it has a new song

I have months of zero sleep or go on weeks of light broken sleep for 1-2 hours. I have this peculiar problem, when I tried to take afternoon naps just by shutting my eyes, my brain will conjure all sorts of images and music and voices and that literally just scare me alot, it's like im going crazy. At night, i just shut my eyes and wait for my brain to drift away to sleep, i have about 3 dreams on average and wake up after every dream. If I continue to try to sleep, the brain will conjure more images and thoughts and voices.

Am I going crazy? I am also suffering from head tension, pressure, heart palpitations and dry eyes recently and everyday I wish I am dead.

You're not going crazy. Not at all! Your brain is just working at healing itself, and it's a disconcerting (to say the least!) experience. It will get better!

Don't believe the lies that it won't get better, that you should be scared to death (NOT!) or that you'll never be able to sleep again. They're all blatant falsehoods that seem logical, because your logical forebrain can't make sense out of all the weird, healing brain activity. Your poor brain has been mistreated and now is working hard to get back to where it should be!

I know this sounds crazy but let your brain do it's thing and try to make yourself as comfortable as you can in the meantime. Baby yourself, take care of yourself, treat yourself like an invalid who's starting to make strides and needs encouragement to keep trying to get better. Exercise, drink lots of water. Eat clean, natural, healthy foods and make your body happy. Keep as busy as you can doing things that take your mind off the anxiety and struggle.

You ARE getting better. Everyday, you are inching closer to full health. It doesn't feel like it AT ALL, but that's exactly what's happening. God bless you!! You'll experience health again!

Please don't be afraid to go to a doctor and ask for help. Some people go on a small dose of remeron (15 mg). I'm not a medical professional but I was put on Remeron for sleep and it worked. Too well. I finally lowered the dose to 3.5 mg because I wanted to have SOME mojo.

Some people have had success sleeping with Unisom and/or CBD gummies. You need sleep for sure! Some sleep for goodness sake! Praying you find something to help! :smitten:

I CT benzo and SSRI in late May and has felt any tiredness or sensation of sleepiness since then. My sleepiness hasn't return and my brain keeps singing while i try to sleep and upon waking up, it has a new song

I have months of zero sleep or go on weeks of light broken sleep for 1-2 hours. I have this peculiar problem, when I tried to take afternoon naps just by shutting my eyes, my brain will conjure all sorts of images and music and voices and that literally just scare me alot, it's like im going crazy. At night, i just shut my eyes and wait for my brain to drift away to sleep, i have about 3 dreams on average and wake up after every dream. If I continue to try to sleep, the brain will conjure more images and thoughts and voices.

Am I going crazy? I am also suffering from head tension, pressure, heart palpitations and dry eyes recently and everyday I wish I am dead.

i had that a lot in acute and a few nights at the start of my setback really bad too, i still sometimes get a very light version of it... it sucks, no not going crazy just completely overstimulated brain because too much glutamate probably

• 2 weeks later...
I tapered benzos about 10 years ago and longest i went with zero sleep was 4 days. I was hallucinating at that point, and yes felt like id completely lost my mind. i recovered though, and slept soundly (well like normal which was never the best) and was that way for about 10 years until i wound up taking benzos again. i tapered last night and slept a grand total of 2 hours from 6am-8am. It sucks but youll recover.