Is reinstating a bad idea?

[br...]

I have asked this question numerous times. I even had the pills in my hand today. It seems like it 50/50. I researched it a lot and there are quite few successful ones. allen, timmyp, birdman, chessplayer, micedana, thisbur, tallgolfer.  There are also a lot of failures. I dont know why some are successful and others are not. If I get to the point that reinstating is my last option I am going to do it. Right now I have had no quality of life and havent had it for almost a year. I was actually better on the pills than I have been since I quit. I just keep holding on thinking I will get better.  A lot of symptoms are gone but the ones that are left are disabling. The mantra here is that everybody heals but I dont actually believe that is true. Just look how few success stories there are and how many there are on the protracted board. I guess it comes down to are you willing to take the chance. I am almost there.

I reinstated and it was successful for sure. I was on temazepam and clonazepam, then CT’d. I reinstated on Ativan and Zoloft. I’m almost off the Ativan and lowering the doses at the beginning was a bit intense but now I can barely notice it.

I can tell you that when I was put on clonazepam after becoming tolerant to temazepam, it only helped me for about a week, then I was back in tolerance. Ativan just worked with my body 🤷‍♂️ I also HAD to go to group and solo therapy. That’s something that many are missing. When you go through something this traumatic, you need therapy. If I hadn’t had gone for almost 4 months, I don’t think I would be doing this well today.

I still have my moments, wondering if I will go downhill again, or if my fight or flight response will turn on and never turn off. But I know it’s not. You can refrain your brain, but you need help doing it. You can’t do it alone.

Nothing is wrong with reinstating, as long as it’s with a psychiatrist that understands benzos. The one I have now truly helped save my life. Without him, I don’t think I would be here today. Anyway, we can do this. We have the strength.

I have asked this question numerous times. I even had the pills in my hand today. It seems like it 50/50. I researched it a lot and there are quite few successful ones. allen, timmyp, birdman, chessplayer, micedana, thisbur, tallgolfer.  There are also a lot of failures. I dont know why some are successful and others are not. If I get to the point that reinstating is my last option I am going to do it. Right now I have had no quality of life and havent had it for almost a year. I was actually better on the pills than I have been since I quit. I just keep holding on thinking I will get better.  A lot of symptoms are gone but the ones that are left are disabling. The mantra here is that everybody heals but I dont actually believe that is true. Just look how few success stories there are and how many there are on the protracted board. I guess it comes down to are you willing to take the chance. I am almost there.

From listening to a doctor speak, I personally think that the drugs are harmfull to the brain.

Is it possible that your brain had little time to « adapt » to the pills (which I think are harmfull) and that’s why after withdrawal it is struggling because it needs time to recover from both experiences ?

Apparently there are people for which it took long time to feel noticable change but they ve gotten there

Maybe all your brain and system needs is time

• 1 month later...
[b1...]

I reinstated today and I have zero, NO regrets. I did so at a very low dose.

The past 3 months almost destroyed me. Unbearable. Unconscionable.

I posted earlier that so many of you here have this strength, tenacity-hope, determination to wait it out for, what a YEAR? Luck to you, genuinely.

Me? Nope. I reinstated, am going on a micro dose of an SSRI for 3 months. I do not have more life to lose, and I will try EVERYTHING to make sure of it.

Will my plan work? WHAT IF IT DOES??

This has been utter bullsh*t and I, for 1, do not need some badge of honor.

Nope. Not my story. Pressing forward, trusting the medical community that are HEROES in my eyes (Covid, anyone?) and have not only dedicated themselves to the care of others: they took an oath, for god’s sake!

Amen. Hallelujah! ✌️🙏