Tapering Xanax -help with taper?

[In...]

I have been on Xanax for 16 years. For 5 years I was taking 4mg daily at 0.5-1mg every 4-5 hrs. Mostly 0.5 and then 1mg at bedtime . Since last winter I have made cuts . Once below 3mg I have already noticed withdrawal symptoms that are physical. Such as heat intolerance and Pots symptoms with heat. I recently got down to 2.75 and stayed there since May. My doses are .5 when I wake ,.5 at 11a, 0.5 at 3:30, 0.25@7:30 and 1mg at bedtime. Recently made another cut at 7:30pm to 0.125(the best I can as I have 1mg tabs). After this cut I went back up to .25 after 2 weeks because I chickened out and began tinnitus for the first time along with humming in my ear and ears feeling plugged .

I have been in tolerance for years. Diagnosed with fibro 14years ago. Have many odd symptoms. The only peace I get on some days is that I can sleep and wake in hell all over again. I tried cutting doses in evening recently because that’s the best time for me. Psych said would consider Valium once I get to 2mg . I am not sure if I’m doing this right . Any suggestions or hope appreciated. Will try to knock that dose back down again. I feel guilty and stupid for upping it the past few days .  :'(

I have also been looking for help tapering Xanax.  I am 64 year old Female in NC USA.  I too have a complicated story and also have a schedule that is 4 x a day with the large dose at bedtime.  I am using a compounded liquid X and don’t feel like I have a solid plan going forward.  My dosing is currently .35 at 9 am, .35 at 3 pm .35 8-8:30’pm and 1 mg at bedtime (10 -10:30).  I don’t have a benzo wise doctor and he has been trying to make cuts that are too aggressive so I pulled back.  This is my 5th day into the second cut.  Unlike you I am having terrible insomnia and have been taking Trazodone since I started tapering.  And I want to also say I understand your feelings of guilt, I have them too for blindly listening to a psych who reinstated me when I was at a very low and vulnerable place.  We have to let those feelings go… easier to say than do believe I know.  This is a tough and lonely road we are on.    Anyway… I just want to send my support to you and also to be on your thread for any advice you get. I’ll keep you in my prayers and hopefully we can get some help.  🙏🏻🙏🏻