question on using scale

[Ju...]

Okay, so I can barely read the print on my scale but it looks like it says g (grams).

Several weeks ago I weighed a 1 mg tablet of klonopin.  I then cut it in half and I shaved off 10% of the weight, split between each piece.  So have two pieces of 0.077.  But that can't be grams or it would be originally 77 mgs.

I use the same scale and setting each time I cut so I should be okay.  But the weight doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks in advance.

Okay, so I can barely read the print on my scale but it looks like it says g (grams).

Several weeks ago I weighed a 1 mg tablet of klonopin.  I then cut it in half and I shaved off 10% of the weight, split between each piece.  So have two pieces of 0.077.  But that can't be grams or it would be originally 77 mgs.

I use the same scale and setting each time I cut so I should be okay.  But the weight doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks in advance.

Seems about right.

I think you're making the mistake that a tablet that contains 1 mg of klonopin should weigh 1 mg.

A tablet has fillers too. The weight of the tablet is something else as the dosage.

I wouldn't split the pill, because it gets less accurate. Only if you don't have enough pills.

SnelleJelle is correct. There is pill weight and there is dose weight. The pill weight that you weigh on your scale is in grams. The dose weight (how much Clonazepam it contains) is in mg.

Okay, thanks.  I split it in half since I take a.m and p.m.  Decided to decrease each.  Calculated the total wt, then decreased each half by an amount that totals the 10%