How to taper off 0.5MG clonazapam

[Be...]

Looking for a direct taper plan.    Have been on 2MG until three years ago and have tapered slowly to 0.5MG.    My tablets are in 0.25MG meltable doses.    What is the recommended next step?  I assume going to 1, 0.25MG tablet is too big a jump?    That would be 50%!   

I am 59 years old and in good health and thriving.    My only other medication is 500MG Depakote, down under medical supervision from 1000MG.    My longtime psychiatrist supports me going from 0.5MG to 0.25MG in one jump.    I am concerned about insomnia.    I love my sleep - 8 - 9 hours per night. 

The first thing I'd do is not listen to your psychiatrist in this matter.  Your best bet, I'd think, would be to continue on your long, slow journey, reducing by 5%-10% of the current daily total every 10-14 days, while having your symptoms guide you.

I find that a metal nail file works quite well, even on the little pieces.  I'd just make sure that your hands are dry when working on the meltables..

This is good advice.    I am decreasing by 10% and starting From .5MG. 

10 days .45MG

10 days .40 MG

10 days .35Mg

10 days .30 MG

30 days .25MG

By December 6, assuming my symptoms are comfortable and manageable, I will be at 0.25MG nightly and try to stay there for a while.      If I can just get to 0.25MG comfortably and slowly, I will be so happy!  For 22 years, I taken this for sleep so that is my biggest concern.    Not to upside. 

If you find 10% cuts are too much, remember to let your symptoms guide you and if need be, make smaller cuts and perhaps, hold for longer.