Transition to liquid Ativan

[Ma...]

Hi everyone,

I am at the beginning of a Valium crossover and it is not going very well. I would like to learn more about liquid titration, because it would be the only thing I haven’t tried, in case my crossover won’t work.

Is it true that a lot of people have difficulties to switch to a liquid form? And what is the best way, D.I.Y liquid or compound?

Thanks

Marie

Are you in the US?  If so, another option for liquid is the FDA-approved, commercially manufactured lorazepam Intensol/concentrate (see link below to the drug label from one of the manufacturers).

We have multiple members who dilute the concentrate with water so they can make small reductions in dose.

Link:

DailyMed - LORAZEPAM solution, concentrate

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=5ff82103-cc57-4af9-9362-82a7c686271d

Where are you now in your crossover and how have you done it? Some people have a reaction to liquid but I wouldn't say it's many. It's important to allow yourself time to adjust when switching to liquid before making cuts.

Liquid is not as daunting as it seems. If you need to micro taper it's really easy. Using prescription liquid as Libertas suggested is always better than DIY.

Thank you for your help!

No, I am in Canada so I don’t think I have access to liquid Ativan.

I will update my signature later. I am at the very beginning of my Valium Crossover,

I was at 0,15mg Ativan, now I am at 0,13mg Ativan and 0,2mg Valium. It’s been 8 days.

I’ve had 3 days with w/d symptoms from Ativan, since yesterday I think it is a bit better,

But I don’t feel like myself. Weird feeling.

Anyway, I will decide Monday if I continue the crossover or if I stay with Ativan, and try the liquid.

This is why I am asking some questions, to be prepared.

Because I don’t have access to liquid Ativan, what are my options?

Thank you!

Marie

Hey Marie!

I’m in Canada and just finished my liquid Ativan taper.

I had done a half crossover to Valium that failed and I was stuck on both.

You need to go to a compounding pharmacy and they can make it for you.

It is expensive, but I have 100% coverage with my drug plan, so that was good.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

I tried liquid Valium, but I got COVID at the same time, so I dropped it and went back to pills.

Where are you in Canada, I’m in the GTA.

Cheers

winnie

• 3 weeks later...

Liquid Ativan in the US is normally 2 mg/ml?

Do you just draw a small amount(0.1 ml) into a syringe and then mix with water and drink?

That simple or am I missing something.

Thanks for bring this up as I am considering liquid as well.

Hello, dude 66.

To improve measurement accuracy and allow for smaller reductions in dose, many members dilute commercial oral solutions with water.

For example, if you added 1mL of the 2mg/mL lorazepam concentrate to 19mL of water, you would obtain a liquid with a concentration of 0.1mg/mL.