Announcement: As Prescribed - a documentary film by Holly Hardman

[Co...]

Announcement: As Prescribed - a documentary film by Holly Hardman.

https://www.asprescribedfilm.com

Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, Ativan – all belong to a class of drugs known as benzodiazepines (benzos). News and entertainment media portray them in terms of addiction and abuse or as innocuous medications that relax nerves. AS PRESCRIBED documents a strikingly different narrative, following eye-opening stories of invisible illness and disability. Boston-based survivor Geraldine Burns leads a grassroots army of “good patients” that help other victims and advocate tirelessly for benzodiazepine harm awareness. But resistance is strong. Geraldine and her cohorts are opposed by powerful forces that include pharmaceutical giants and a medical culture that has denied the problem for decades.

Thank you very much for sharing this trailer. We have reworked it and updated it. Happy to share it. I'll link the updated As Prescribed trailer here. We will be updating it occasionally to reflect where we are in the release process. https://vimeo.com/762436962

Unfortunately, because of the privacy settings you have applied at Vimeo, I cannot embed your latest trailer here. If you ever should change the settings, let me know and I'll try again.

• 2 weeks later...

We certainly do hope to screen in Canada, Lapis. The Global Health Film Festival is working out territories. There are also a couple of Canadian fests we'd love to be invited to.

We foolishly gave HotDocs an unfinished version of the film and, despite having been part of their Distribution Rendezvous program a few years ago, they did not take the film. Submitting the unfinished film was very bad judgment on my part. But we were invited to Sheffield in the UK, which enjoys similar status. That was an amazing experience. No media though. We do need people who are aware of the benzo problem to jump on board with the film and help us make the kind of noise that's needed to make a big difference. It is possible. 

We persevere.

Thanks and keep the faith,

Holly

We certainly do hope to screen in Canada, Lapis. The Global Health Film Festival is working out territories. There are also a couple of Canadian fests we'd love to be invited to.

We foolishly gave HotDocs an unfinished version of the film and, despite having been part of their Distribution Rendezvous program a few years ago, they did not take the film. Submitting the unfinished film was very bad judgment on my part. But we were invited to Sheffield in the UK, which enjoys similar status. That was an amazing experience. No media though. We do need people who are aware of the benzo problem to jump on board with the film and help us make the kind of noise that's needed to make a big difference. It is possible. 

We persevere.

Thanks and keep the faith,

Holly

Congratulations on the successes you've had so far, Holly! I'm really hoping we'll get the opportunity to access the film here in Canada too -- in particular, online (with payment, of course), since that would make it available to a wide audience. I, too, am sad to hear that you didn't get to be part of Hot Docs, since it's a pretty big deal here. Is there a chance to re-submit the film, now that it is completed? If not, I do hope that there will be another way to make it available here.

I wish you well with the distribution. Congrats again on all your great work!

Lapis