Just thought I would report my experience with flu and COVID vaccines

[fr...]

When I had an appointment with my doctor in August, he recommended that I get the flu shot that day, but wait until a COVID booster that addresses the recent Omnicron variants was out before getting that.

Got my flu shot on August 25th.  Afterwards, it seemed like I actually felt better (maybe because all my test results came back normal).  However, that night I slept very poorly, and the next day I had a lot of nausea and shakiness (part of this was due to klonopin tapering, but I think the vaccine made it worse).  During the following days, I felt about the same as most days during that part of the taper.

Got my COVID booster (Pfeizer) on October 14.  Note that the two times I had previously gotten this shot (the 2nd vaccine of the 2-vaccine series back in early 2021, and a booster in November 2022), I had a fairly bad headache the next day, along with a sore arm.  At the times I got the previous COVID shots, I was not taking any benzos and was in general in good health (physical and mental).  The day of the COVID shot this time, I did not notice any symptoms other than my arm becoming slightly sore.  I didn't notice any significant change from my normal (post-withdrawal) sleep that night.  Yesterday (day after vaccine), my arm was fairly sore (a bit uncomfortable but certainly not intolerable).  A very slight headache - it was hardly noticeable.  I thought I felt some slight chills during the evening, but nothing severe and not sure if it was just the temperature in the room.  Sleep last night was normal (for this point post-withdrawal), and today most of the soreness in my arm is gone.  Although I am experiencing some depression, I attribute it to klonopin withdrawal at this point (I don't think the vaccine worsened it). 

I'm happy to hear you had no significant issues with these vaccines. Unfortunately, by default, those who have been/or are still going through 'benzoland', will always question the safety of any substance/procedure etc. that's medically recommended. 

We all have choices to make...and I am very happy you made your choice and are doing fine! :)

Yes, I was on a relatively low dose and for a short period of time.  Even so, I wanted to wait until the worst of the withdrawal symptoms were over - the updated vaccine has been out for over a month but I waited.  As of today, still no vaccine symptoms.  Arm feels fine.  I am experiencing moderate depression, but that is usual at this point in my episodes (depression is always the last major symptom for me).

I had the latest vaccine around a month ago too. I've already forgotten how it affected me. Then had the flu shot over a week ago...with no symptoms as a result. Then this past Wednesday I had my final Shingles vaccine...today I'm feeling alive again...:). I knew from the first Shingles shot that I was probably going to react the same way to the second one...And I did.

I've had close friends who have had shingles....their suffering was sad to hear and to see it in their eyes.

Like I said to a young woman who was at the Covid vaccine location the day we were both getting that shot.... 'what is the(possible) alternative'? My health is too compromised to find out.