Med other than benzo for anxiety?

[Sy...]

Does anyone have suggestions for an anti-anxiety med that is effective if I want to try something other than Klonopin? I may need to take something as I approach menopause and my anxiety gets bothersome sometimes. Thanks.

I took Vistaril (hydroxyzine) on my taper. It worked pretty well, but make me feel a little tired. You can Google it for info. I only took it for a short time.

I also took (and still occasionally take) a CBD edible. CBD works by lowering your blood pressure. I would advise you to Google this also so you understand how it works and buy it at a reputable local dispensary or online. I buy from Lazarus Naturals or Dr. Strains.

Katz

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Sylvia,

What causes anxiety I find is cortisol: it's the very physiological component responsible for stress and anxiety.

Of course, we're inclined to manipulate it via what we do.

I would research ways to keep cortisol down in your quest to find some remedy. While there are medications that may help, you could as well--focus on some natural ways to keeping a lid on anxiety in the first place.

Good luck to you.

Sylvia, my NP prescribed Vistaril for me during my taper. It worked pretty well.

See my post above about CBD for anxiety.

While you're pursuing Dragoon's suggestion to "focus on some natural ways to keeping a lid on anxiety in the first place" you might find these helpful.

Hope you can find some relief.

Katz

Spazzie, I bought Lifter from drstrains.com. Prior to that I bought Cherry Blossom. Both have less than .3% THC so are classified as hemp and can be shipped anywhere in the US. They are reasonable and very prompt. I just checked the website and Lifter is in stock. I made my last batch of Gummie Bears with Lifter. But, really, any of their CBD strains is fine. Charlotte's Web has no THC but they don't always have it.

Best,

Katz