Eating raw eggs with the eggshell membrane

[Ni...]

I started eating 4 raw eggs a day, also eating the eggshell membrane. The cholesterol in raw eggs induce the RCT Reverse Cholesterol Transport which is the primary way of detoxification of the body. The cholesterol and other nutrients in the raw egg also heal cells and generate new cells and increase healing hormones like pregnenolone, progesterone.

Raw eggs are better than cooked because cooking causes the egg to lose its nutrient due to oxidation.

The eggshell membrane is the thin layer within the eggshell, this membrane is living collagen, vital for the body to create collagen in the body. Collagen powders sold as supplements are dead collagen and don't work.

Eggs contain all nutrients vital to create life, as an egg is where a chick is born out of.

I got this information from the think tank discord server Immune Repair and the Facebook group by Dan Webb, who have done years of research to come to the conclusion raw eggs are the most healthy thing you can consume.

Will update this thread with more information and updates.

It would be interesting to see the research behind on the benefit of eating raw eggs - could you share a scholarly link with us?

The concern I have about eating raw eggs is the risk of salmonella contamination:

https://www.cdc.gov/foodsafety/communication/salmonella-and-eggs.html#:~:text=Chickens%20and%20other%20live%20poultry,eggs%20properly%20to%20prevent%20illness.

Eggs contain a protein called avidin which binds to the B-vitamin biotin and prevents its absorption; not only biotin from food sources, but also biotin produced by intestinal microbes. Cooking the eggs denatures the avidin so that it no longer binds to biotin. People who regularly consume raw eggs can develop biotin deficiencies.

See, for example, this article:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/biochemistry-genetics-and-molecular-biology/biotin-deficiency

Biotin deficiency is usually characterized by alopecia and scaly erythematous dermatitis distributed around the body orifices, acidemia, aciduria, hearing and vision problems, and developmental delay in children. Biotin deficiency may also cause paresthesias, myalgias, and mild depression. Biotin deficiency may have adverse effects on the immune system and lipid metabolism. Frank biotin deficiency is rare. However, as discussed earlier, prolonged consumption of raw eggs may cause biotin deficiency because raw egg white contains an antimicrobial protein known as avidin that tightly binds biotin and prevents its absorption. In adults and adolescents who chronically consume raw egg white the following symptoms may develop due to egg white injury syndrome...

• Thinning hair, often with loss of hair color

• Skin rash described as seborrheic and eczematous

• Depression, lethargy, hallucination, and paresthesias of extremities

Guys see these videos they explain everything:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1t2qtFDQ6y-J8-QDd_8MS2onuiqrxtYvh?usp=sharing

They also address the conflicting studies on raw eggs in regards to the biotin absorption. (Spoiler, biotin absorption isn't a problem at all)

It would be interesting to see the research behind on the benefit of eating raw eggs - could you share a scholarly link with us?

The concern I have about eating raw eggs is the risk of salmonella contamination:

https://www.cdc.gov/foodsafety/communication/salmonella-and-eggs.html#:~:text=Chickens%20and%20other%20live%20poultry,eggs%20properly%20to%20prevent%20illness.

The videos I posted address the salmonella. In conclusion, you have a higher chance contracting salmonella from eating cooked meat than from eating raw eggs.

Regarding the biotin deficiency with raw eggs, this is a comment on it from Dan Webb:

<@257725333611085824> Save this if you can - anyone everyone - think it will be taken down we need to keep and know this /// First we do not say to ever drink just egg whites only/ In fact drink the entire raw egg the yolks, whites, even peel out the Living collagen membrane from the shells, IT is Impossible do develop biotin deficiency from Whole raw eggs as they are not only a primary good source (drinking whole raw eggs) but in fact are what ALL Living Animals cells are made from / - Here is a breakdown if it is of any use ?  but as you see drinking WHOLE raw eggs be getting exacting amounts to build healthy cells ///  Impossible to bind all the biotin in whole raw eggs - the math does not support it as the Biotin in the yolks is so much greater than ability of the adivin in whites alone thus Actually making Whole raw eggs one of the Best natural sources for Biotin we can get ( I have been on 8-12 a day for years now before than 4-6 bout 8 years and no signs of biotin defences at all and all labs Better than when I was in my 20's  you can't bind it all / raw eggs are a very good source of Biotin /NOTE THE MATH they even Subtracted 17ug from what is normally found and still getting a abundance of biotin even with the curve used against it //

There's more biotin in the whole egg than can be bound by the avidin, according to the following outline:

Avidin: 180 μg per egg; molecular weight is 66–69 kDa, let's say 66 kDa. One molecule can bind 4 biotin molecules.

Biotin: Up to 25 μg per large egg, let's say 10 μg to be conservative; molecular weight is 244.31 Da.

The fraction of biotin that can be bound by avidin is

(4 * 180 / 66000) / (10 / 244.31) = 27%.

This means that the majority of biotin remains freely available and that the whole raw egg is a good net source of biotin.      https://medicalsciences.stackexchange.com/questions/14131/does-eating-whole-raw-eggs-lead-to-biotin-deficiency

Very interesting topic - even if it has nothing much to do with benzo withdrawal.

I'm not sure who Dan Webb is or what his credentials are, but bottom line, what he and you are saying is that the avidin in the egg white does bind with some of the biotin in the egg, but not all of it. In other words, you do get more biotin from a cooked egg than from a raw egg - which was my point.

You also get more protein from a cooked egg:

If you're choosing raw eggs because of the protein punch, it might surprise you that cooked eggs can actually give your body more protein.

Cooking eggs breaks down the protein, making it easier for you to digest, which means your body will have more protein to use.

from: https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-raw-eggs#2

One study found that we can use 91% of the protein in a cooked egg but only 51% of the protein in a raw egg.

See: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9772141/

True, cooking does cause some loss of micronutrients, but that can be minimized by not over-cooking. For example,

"the retention of vitamin D compounds in eggs and margarine during heat treatment in an oven for 40 min at normal cooking temperature showed retention at 39-45%, while frying resulted in retention at 82-84%"

See: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24262542/

And as Kate08 pointed out, eating raw eggs also poses a greater risk of salmonella poisoning, however low the risk might be - one egg in 20,000, or so they say. But cooking the egg basically eliminates that risk. So why not cook it? What is the benefit of raw eggs that outweighs the risk of salmonella?

I really don't see the advantage of eating my eggs raw, other than the fact that it turns what should be an enjoyable meal into a tedious chore, making me feel like I must be doing something good for myself, or why else would I be doing it? Of course, people can eat raw eggs if they want, or raw fish, or raw liver, or raw chicken heads, or raw Rocky Mountain Oysters - if they want. Who am I to judge? But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. There are good reasons why people in every culture around the world cook their food. Even the Inuit cook their food, whenever they manage to gather enough extra fuel. Cooking is not just some huge mistake. It kills the germs and parasites and it makes the nutrients more available, which is probably why most people find cooked food tastier than raw.

While we're on the subject, I wouldn't recommend eating raw fish either. I know a lot of people do it. I lived in Hawaii for a few years and it was very common there, but they couldn't pay me to do it. For one thing, I prefer the taste of cooked fish. But more importantly, eating raw fish is a good way to get some nasty parasites.

See: https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/anisakiasis/faqs.html

I'd be interested in your reasons for eating your eggs raw; and also, what other foods, if any, do you eat raw?

You don't eat raw chicken, do you? If so, which came first: the raw chicken or the raw egg?

Make your case. Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

6puljm.jpg

@[re...]

See following videos, they address the salmonella issue (it's not an issue)

The immune repair discord group which has Dan Webb in it which you can ask all your questions:

https://discord.com/invite/NzG9ZtP

Dan Webb's Facebook group where you can ask all your questions too:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/448750418613708/

Comment by Dan Webb on salmonella:

Bacteriostatic and bactericidal  Characterization of egg white antibacterial properties during the first half of incubation: A comparative study between embryonated and unfertilized eggs  https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0032579119318048?fbclid=IwAR2H9hbRQxMuO0lPknXgGUbEK2JC3Do4c6neBCIfZZOGekmTRT-atUjWVT8

<@257725333611085824> While I am sure you MIGHT be able to catch Salmonella /other  from raw eggs after reading that short of the pathogens being on outside of raw eggs it should be about next to impossible to catch anything from INSIDE the raw eggs they as I knew have own antibiotic's / antifungals we take up and USE / These while not exact should be in sense reclassified as human metabolome's - a  must need - on high dose should be interesting to see how many even catches new infections

<@607662182573801504> The egg white (Clear part raw) has Antifungal and Antibacterial properties  that keeps and protects the yolk from pathogens and we can and do Uptake and use these (another reason why raw)  Just to address some pathogens like Salmonella if the hen or Dirt, Stool is Usually on the outside of the shells, Now pretty good indicator of a Fresh vs OLD egg is a simple float test in water , if it Sinks it is probably fresh egg, if it Floats it is either  a old egg that is drying out or has Pathogens inside the shell giving off  Gases, a good sign of a bad egg- I have found  1 that floated in past near 10 years in the sealed cases of pre washed /  Next on Cooling vs leaving out warm the warm eggs in few days will start getting very Alkaline which also keeps pathogens from growing ( Keeping cool obviously deters growth as well )  we can uptake that alakalinity as well,  we can even eat the shells, You can peel out the collagen membrane and eat it for oral tolerance then eat the shells,  (with or without membrane ) some people grind the shells up after baking - some wash the shells putting Alcohol on them to insure sterility  ,  if in doubt look up recalls - this is USA / https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts

Very interesting topic - even if it has nothing much to do with benzo withdrawal.

And I can't figure out where to move it to.  Off Topic, Chewing the Fat, General Health and Well Being?  :laugh:

And I can't figure out where to move it to.  Off Topic, Chewing the Fat, General Health and Well Being?  :laugh:

If this isn't the appropriate section, then I would think general health and well being.

I'm not sure this is necessarily on the wrong board. It might be better somewhere else, but I don't think it matters much. It's just an interesting topic, and I wanted to explore it. I haven't decided whether there's anything to these claims of the benefits of eating eggs raw, or eating eggs at all, for that matter. I mean, Rocky Balboa did it, and that should be good enough for me. I guess I'm just a skeptic.

Now when I asked about Dan Webb and his credentials, Nikitis, you gave me a couple links to members-only websites. Thanks for those, but I don't think I want to become a member of Dan Webb's groups until I know who Dan Webb is. So if you would, just in a few words, tell us what his credentials are. Is he a nutritionist? A scientist? A medical doctor? Or does he run a healthfood store in Knoxville, Tennessee? Just a short summary of his qualifications, since you cite him as your main authority.

Thanks, Nikitis. Hope you're doing well.

I'm not sure this is necessarily on the wrong board. It might be better somewhere else, but I don't think it matters much. It's just an interesting topic, and I wanted to explore it. I haven't decided whether there's anything to these claims of the benefits of eating eggs raw, or eating eggs at all, for that matter. I mean, Rocky Balboa did it, and that should be good enough for me. I guess I'm just a skeptic.

Now when I asked about Dan Webb and his credentials, Nikitis, you gave me a couple links to members-only websites. Thanks for those, but I don't think I want to become a member of Dan Webb's groups until I know who Dan Webb is. So if you would, just in a few words, tell us what his credentials are. Is he a nutritionist? A scientist? A medical doctor? Or does he run a healthfood store in Knoxville, Tennessee? Just a short summary of his qualifications, since you cite him as your main authority.

Thanks, Nikitis. Hope you're doing well.

He runs a supplement/drug company and did R&D for years on a lot of substances including raw eggs.