Switch from Trazadone to Mirtazapine

[Fi...]

Hi,

As I've posted before in other groups,

I am in a severe setback due to anesthesia. There are many symptoms with insomnia being at the top.

I tried to stay the natural route but ended up on Trazadone and have been on it for a month. The dose ranges from 75 to 100mgs. Its been inconsistent in providing sleep.

My doctor switched me over to Remeron because of the sleep and the benefit and its antidepressant qualities, which can be there even at a low dose of 7.5mgs. Been on it 4 days and it's also inconsistent.

I basically sleep every other night on either med.

I worry that I needed or need to taper down the Tazadone while making this switch to Remeron. I've missed some nights of taking it but there have been 2 nights where I hadve used both. I don't want to get serotonin syndrome..

Any thoughts if tapering the Trazadone is needed or how I might do that while using Remeron?.

Once I stabilize from the setback, I plan to come off any sleep meds.

FH

I took low dose traz for about a month and jusr quit it with out any extra symptoms. I still had insomnia though. I also took low dose remeron for about a month and quit it as well with no increase in symptoms. I found the same as you that they were both inconsistent and eventually quit working. I have not found anything that works for me for more than a couple of weeks.

Thank you.

This setback is so bad, like being in cold turkey withdrawal, thatI get confused about which symptoms come from where.

10 weeks in and no real shift in symptoms.

I dont think your getting them from either one of those meds. Its probably symptoms from the setback. But every one is different. Have you noticed any different symptoms since you quit taking traz and started taking remeron?

Not really.

When the Mirtazapine works, it really works. I guess the sam dle the Trazadone but it wears off faster.

My setback symptoms are, agoraphobia, depression, anxiety, trembling, insomnia and grief.

Those are the same exact symptoms I am fighting in this recovery. The agrophobia and anxiety I can and do fight against everyday. But the trembling and insomnia are killers.  Thats one of the reasons I tried both of those meds to see if they vould relieve the symptoms but for they just made everything worse. Even the sleep they provided me felt toxic.