What diet were you on?

[Wi...]

I am also interested in this.

I am getting myself in a tangle with anti histimine and low glutamate and ......

Any input here would be appreciated

Thanks

It’s a diet that caters to those who are autoimmune. This is the book I got and it’s amazing.

https://www.amazon.com/Autoimmune-Protocol-Made-Simple-Cookbook/dp/1592338178/ref=asc_df_1592338178/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312031138203&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=638014261093130436&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9028092&hvtargid=pla-468619431282&psc=1

It’s an elimination diet so it can be really rough for people, no matter their age or ailments. The goal is to eliminate anything that can cause a negative reaction and then reintroduce foods slowly to see what does not cause a reaction. I like it!

Do you think it has made a difference? In what ways? Do you think it has helped your taper.

Thank you MP

It’s a diet that caters to those who are autoimmune. This is the book I got and it’s amazing.

https://www.amazon.com/Autoimmune-Protocol-Made-Simple-Cookbook/dp/1592338178/ref=asc_df_1592338178/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312031138203&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=638014261093130436&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9028092&hvtargid=pla-468619431282&psc=1

It’s an elimination diet so it can be really rough for people, no matter their age or ailments. The goal is to eliminate anything that can cause a negative reaction and then reintroduce foods slowly to see what does not cause a reaction. I like it!

Nah. Didn’t do much for taper, but I will say that treating my body well 100% helps you get through the day. Also, learning to cook new foods and shopping for new stuff you never knew existed is good for you. Making a choice to eat better will NEVER be a bad move. That’s how I looked at it :3

True. I have added more fish and cut all red meat.

Trying to do no sugar, caffeine, gluten and dairy though!!

Did you manage to get through your taper okay?

I am finding it tough.

Thank you MP

Nah. Didn’t do much for taper, but I will say that treating my body well 100% helps you get through the day. Also, learning to cook new foods and shopping for new stuff you never knew existed is good for you. Making a choice to eat better will NEVER be a bad move. That’s how I looked at it :3

I CT’d and had to go back on. I’m currently at .125mg in the morn and eve. It can be hard, but if it were easy, it wouldn’t be worth it 🤷‍♂️

Take big care and thank you ThisBur

I CT’d and had to go back on. I’m currently at .125mg in the morn and eve. It can be hard, but if it were easy, it wouldn’t be worth it 🤷‍♂️

• 1 month later...

Gosh, while on klonopin years ago, I remember eating junk food and not caring about my health.

I was in my 20's then, inappropriate and wild. I wish I could say different,  but what good is regret?

If I had known then what I do now...I would have ate healthy and made better decisions.

Instead of popping pills, I should have been in college.

Take my advice: eat healthy and smart! The younger, the better. ❤️

I eat healthier today in my 40's: grapes, eggs, cereal, avacados and other healthy foods. Every now and then, I'll eat something sweet like a twinkle or something--but it's rare.

Cut out all soda. Did that this year. 👏 thank goodness. I feel better.

• 2 months later...
Nutrition is medicine. I am avoiding sugar, gluten, nightshades, histamine foods, and anything with many additives that I do not understand, like protein powder—making my own at home. Not a caffeine or alcohol person, so those are easy to avoid. Drinking half my body weight in water a day. Taking some vitamin supplements as well. Nothing that acts on GABA receptors.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I eat eggyolks, whey protein shakes, butter, fish, kale, some fruit, nuts, probiotics. Then I take all my suppliments and have a cheatday every saturday. I dont eat meat because its very expensive where i live, but I do take beef liver capsules. I try on most days to avoid gluten, nitrates in meat and refined cooking oils. But one or two days in a week ill eat something minimal processed. Im not saying my diet is the only one that works, but it works for me. Take care everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
I ate everything until I started having stomach problems. I also learned about diabetes and started leading a healthy lifestyle and ordered Trulicity Online. It's not like I'm on some kind of diet, but I've given up food that diabetics can't eat. I replaced snacks with canapés with fruit. After all this, I feel much better and I also noticed very good changes in the mirror

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I was on a banana diet. Also known as the Morning Banana Diet, is a popular diet that originated in Japan.

What type results did you have from this diet? I've never heard of it, but it does sound interesting. Are there other foods that you find helpful? I'm in the process, as usual, in finding what works in healing my body/mind.

Did you eat meat or were you vegan/vegetarian while you were on benzos or tapering them?

What diet are you on now?

I ate meat while I tapered and only recently have I stopped eating meat. Also, I rarely ate red meat and fish. In January 2023 I began this new diet. I have seen some results...but I know I need to keep tweaking this new approach to eating.

I am going to experiment how I feel without gluten and then later remove dairy foods.

Cutting gluten and dairy CT made my symptoms so much worse. The anxiety and stress made me take rescue doses and then updose.

I don't know how you guys do to deal with gluten and dairy withdrawal given their morphins, maybe you were stable before changing diet, maybe your symptoms are different.

I reintroduced gluten and I am still thinking about my next move.

I am going to experiment how I feel without gluten and then later remove dairy foods.

Cutting gluten and dairy CT made my symptoms so much worse. The anxiety and stress made me take rescue doses and then updose.

I don't know how you guys do to deal with gluten and dairy withdrawal given their morphins, maybe you were stable before changing diet, maybe your symptoms are different.

I reintroduced gluten and I am still thinking about my next move.

This journey has been GRADUAL in terms of what I eat or don’t eat, when trying to figure out what I can tolerate. In the beginning(2012) I had to resort to eating a handful of foods, due to how intense my symptoms were from benzo intolerance/withdrawal.

Because of concern with nutrient deficiencies, I have felt compelled to continue my search for what I can tolerate. Before this benzo journey began, I ate clean, and never had to over think my diet.

With most everything involved with this journey, it’s usually complex and involved. It’s exhausting , but I have seen good results along the way…albeit, it’s subject to change! The nature of benzo recovery 😟

But are you suggesting to gradually cut gluten?

Because the issue is I feel I can tolerate most things, but cutting gluten and dairy was tough. There are even theoretical reasons that justify their own withdrawal. I am just considering eliminating both to treat leaky gut, but the degree of stress when I cut them while on benzo withdrawal makes me wonder if it's worth.

Maybe I should updose until I adjust my diet to a Paleo diet, I don't know what would be the best option...

But are you suggesting to gradually cut gluten?

Because the issue is I feel I can tolerate most things, but cutting gluten and dairy was tough. There are even theoretical reasons that justify their own withdrawal. I am just considering eliminating both to treat leaky gut, but the degree of stress when I cut them while on benzo withdrawal makes me wonder if it's worth.

Maybe I should updose until I adjust my diet to a Paleo diet, I don't know what would be the best option...

I never thought out in detail any diet plan with gluten/dairy/and or any other foods that ultimately did end up on my "offending" list. Cutting out meat all at once from my diet, was the only acceptation.

And as far as gluten, it was more gradual only because I realized as I approached eliminating it from my diet that it wasn't going to be an easy process...gluten I came to see is in a lot of grain based products(possibly by the facility being tainted with it).

In the end we all have to live with our decisions...but learning what has helped others definitely has given me ideas of what might work for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...