Good Days Ahead!

[Ti...]

Was on Clonazepam since 2019-2020 (on and off) from .5-1mg per day. got off in 2020 November no problem. Went back on Clonazepam in May of 2021 - rekindled my nervous symptom by taking up to 2mg per day. August 2021 I knew i had to get off Clonazepam so I started tapering myself, thinking it would be similar to the last time i went off Clonazepam. Nope. Tried cold turkey, tried a "slow" taper (wasn't slow, it was to zero in a couple months). Tried tapering with my GP - she didn't even know what the Ashton method was - and tried tapering me off in 8 weeks. also did not work. SO many waves, withdrawal symptoms, experiencing all of them and to deep enough levels making me suicidal. I found an addiction doctor in my area who specialized in benzo withdrawal and immediately connected with her. She has been such a place of Hope, and has guided me through my withdrawal process, which has taken over a year. I am now Benzo FREE (as of September 2022) and am feeling SO much better. I had a small wave a two weeks ago, but each time a wave of symptoms comes they are less intense and shorter. Life does get better, and it is worth going through hell and back to get back into a place of light peace and hope.

Congrats to everyone who is on this journey, you've made an incredibly brave decision

Wonderful news. Congratulations, Tikvah! So glad you were able to get off K. I wish you the best going forward. Windows upon windows.

I've just gone under .2 mg K after a year of tapering. I don't know when I'll finish, but I'm so ready to be off and get on to healing.

Tikvah,

How fantastic that you found a benzo wise and helpful doctor to assist you getting through this.  Great job navigating this progress despite the lack of easily available information.  Thank you for letting us know the good news! 

Helen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Five months post benzo free. And I’m in a big wave. I am So grateful for the windows experienced. And am trying real hard to push through this wave. Even after all the practice  Some moments I just want to give up. This wave has been hard.  But I know I will come back here to my success story and post that I’ve experienced more healing.  Anyone else experience big waves after months of healing ?

Yes. It’s part of the roller coaster ride of this process. I felt great for about 2 months. Thought I was finished with the worst of it then BAM! Threw me for a complete unwanted surprise that I felt like being back in acute. Few months later things began to lift. My windows were clearer, more frequent as well as I was able to do new things I couldn’t tolerate for a long time.

So…be encouraged that the BAMs serve a greater purpose of big chunks of healing. They suck…OMG do they ever! But when they let up, it’s bliss!